Robyn Millan

 

I learnt yesterday that Robyn Millan died last year. Someone published a post about the TPF's episode where she'd appeared as a guest star, 'Dora, Dora, Dora', Season 2 episode 1, aired 50 years ago, on September 17, 1971..And there was a comment about that episode that the script was poorly written, sexist etc. Maybe, no one would dare write something like that now, but the world looked different half a century ago..And I really felt sad yesterday because of Robyn. She started her short career in 1965, 33 credits, mostly tv roles - Mission:Impossible, The F.B.I, Hawaii 5.0, Ryan's Hope..But we would remember her as Dora, the girl Keith fell in love with, and Robyn, the girl David dated for a while..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmZnk9RFKm0&t=1s

 In December 1971 on Photoplay Magazine an interview with Robyn was published :' He is just marvellous and really knows how to handle his success.(..) We hit it off from that first day six months ago.(..) I respect him very much, and I think that it was what make us so close, he knows what he wants.(..) I was extremely surprised the first time I saw him on stage. I really never expected him to be so dynamic. He isn't just bubble gum any more..(..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvUT_Hx4Dc

"Where do they go on dates? Nowhere special. Robyn : 'It's exciting just being with David. We hardly ever go in public, but I don't mind. I'm very aware of how dangerous my position is. David is a very hot property right now so naturally everybody wants to know about me. I think David may be a little upset about my name being linked with him. I don't want to be known to the world if it means David will be hurt. Maybe now he will tell me to get lost. Who knows? Maybe I won't be around next week but I won't get hurt..'

On December 31, 1971 another TPF's episode was aired. Season 2, episode 14, with another guest star..Meredith Baxter..

I don't know why yesterday I was sad because of Robyn..Maybe because that when I was in San Francisco in March 2019 I was singing to myself the Dora's song..'I left my heart in..'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'