My First Night Alone Without You /Kim Vassy

and The David Cassidy Collection or as I always call them - Elliot Mintz tapes. And the connection? It's  complicated but will try to explain. 

Since Elliot Mintz published those tapes on 19 December 2019, I return to them from time to time.This is the most popular video on Mr Mintz channel. Watched or rather listened to 55 300 times. Really impressive number. From the beginning fans asked Elliot about publishing more. He said that it depended on fans. If we would like to hear more we should suscribe to his free channel. Ok. I suscribed and waited. When there were 30k hits I asked Elliot if such a number was enough. He answered that only 25% of those who listened  had suscribed, and he wrote sth about 'cyber respect' . Ok. Yesterday somenone asked the same question and got the same answer..

I felt like being treated like a child a little bit. Don't get me wrong. Those tapes are priceless but I was very disappointed bc some fragments were very personal, he shouldn't have published them, I listened to that part of the conversation with great difficulty and regretted later listening . I don't need to know about DC's private life to appreciate his music..When I listen to that wonderful song I know that DC knew what he was singing about and that's enough for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-SmpLM-ss8

Such a powerful song and David's version  is absolutely the best, so sincere and so full of sadness, despair even, sung like it was a matter of life or death. Big words, but I often have tears in my eyes listening to it.

The song was written and recorded as a promo by Kin (Kim) Vassey. His real name was Charles Kindred Vassy (1943-1994), a singer who worked with Elvis and Frank Zappa, and also a successful songwriter. And it's amazing but in 1972 that song was recorded by David, Ray Charles, Dionne Warwick, Ronnie Stoots and...Bobby Darin. DC was in an excellent company. In 1975 the song was quite a hit for Bonnie Ratt. But for me David's version is the best. This is Bobby Darin's..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEZju8zDyFE

Going back to Elliot Mintz and his tapes. I'd love to hear more what DC thought about  his music and acting career, but I don't want to hear what 24 year old David Cassidy told Elliot Mintz about his private life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'