November 1990..

November 25, 1972, 'Rock Me Baby' single, #11 in the UK. November 24, 1973, 'Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes', #1 in the UK for 1 week. That one must have been just wonderful, to be the best on the UK chart in the year when so many great albums were released. An American artist better than own English stars.

But nothing could be compared to that success in November 1990. After 18 years the name David Cassidy appeared again on the Billboard chart. That was so rewarding. After so many disappointments, to hear an own song on the radio, watch video on MTV, be successful again in his native country. That meant a lot for David,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMMSWJosRs

It's a great song, fantastic video, and 'Lyin' To Myself' should be much higher on the list than number 27. David was in great shape. His voice so powerful and he looked like a true rock star, 'still a teen idol material' as someone wrote in one article. DC worked extremely hard to promote his hit and his album. We have 38 David's tv guest appearances from 1990 on the website, This is one  of them

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1990Sept_Entertainment%20Tonight-Inside%20Music.html

We have also 10 radio interviews from 1990, btw. I'm sure there were many more, and a lot of articles, press interviews. Many people were genuinely happy he was back,  those who knew him only as Keith Partridge were astonished by the music he played, the power and quality of his voice. It was a great comeback.

December 17, 1990, Syracuse Herald Journal : ' Question: To you, what is the most exciting thing about your comeback?

DC : 'People are listening to the songs. People are coming up to me and saying - 'I never thought I would buy a David Cassidy record'. (..) When people come up to me, I wish I had a camera to capture looks on their faces. They light up - it's like seeing an old friend..'

Lyin' To Myself' once more, live in Glasgow, April 27, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVJt64yjWo

The pic - The Official David Cassidy Website

Comments

  1. Imagine, I heard this song after his death... I was also impressed. Since the 70s, I had only listened to their first three albums, plus Please, please me, which was the last to be released in Spain (I think The Last Kiss was released later, but it wasn't promoted enough here, because I never knew ) I was impressed to rediscover David in the 90s and my interest in him grew, as much or more than in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it was. I remember that video. I was pregnant in 1990 and in the evenings was tired and watched a lot of MTV. But I didn't connect the guy singing Lyin' To Myself with the boy I heard once in the 70s who was singing How Can I Be Sure (on Radio L)..It's amazing how DC during his career reinvented himself so many times. A pop singer, a rock star, a Las Vegas guy, a stage actor..The same David but..so different. We are still searching for the real David Cassidy. What he really wanted..that's the question. Thank you Encarni xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'