'40 Carats', 'Breezy' and very busy David Cassidy

I want to write today about those movie roles DC was offered in the 70s. Or truly speaking about one role. We don't know how it really was, maybe it was just a gossip, but there is one article on the website with info, that in 1973 DC turned down the role in a film called '40 Carats'. 

It happened that I saw that film in the early 80s on our Polish tv, and I remember that I liked it, but thought there was no chemistry between those two lovers, and first of all that it was absolutely impossible that 22-year-old man could have been in love with a 40-year-old woman. At the time I was under 20 myself so you can understand it. 

In '40 Carats', Liv Ullmann plays a successful businesswoman, who on holiday in Greece meets a handsome young man, who helps her when her car breaks down. They goes for a drink and later..get to know each other better. Even that the young man is very nice (in that role 22 year old Edward Albert),  the woman thinks it's just a holiday fling, nothing more. But they meet again after returning home to America. One day the young man comes to the Liv Ullmann's house. He is her daughter's date..

The film was released in 1973, and in that trailer we can also see Nancy Walker known from TPF (Doctor Applebaum's mother)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMHtCvYNIaM 

I've read that a lot of known actresses were considered for the main role, Glenda Jackson, Shirley MacLaine, even Elizabeth Taylor. After watching that trailer today, I can see that Liv Ullmann wasn't so bad as I thought in the 80s, and I checked she was 35 years old in 1973. Only 12 years older than David..

It was a popular film, but that year another love story was more successful. That time the man was much older than his young lover. 'Breezy', with Kay Lenz and William Holden. Directed by Clint Eastwood..

And David Cassidy? In 1973 he was very busy.  The last TPF Season, the European Tour, two more  Partridge Family records, and recording his first own album without Wes Farrell..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW3b2nVhuZc

THE PETITION...1309

https://chng.it/NgppymDR6K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'