Frosty The Snowman / Walter Rollins and Steve Nelson

'This is a wonderful rendition of this song. Had never really paid much attention to the words until David sang this'. Someone wrote such a comment a few years ago, and it's so true, I absolutely agree, the same.

The way he sang Frosty The Snowman, a popular song wrote in 1950..like it was the most wonderful story in the world, like he thought about each and every word, and probably he did, an actor was singing, young and sensitive, a perfectionist blessed with such a fabulous, magical voice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thP8z_SK2g

The Partridge Family Christmas Card was released 51 years ago. Who writes Christmas cards in 2022 (I do). That album is like a fabulous card from the world which not exist any more. But of course we still listen to it. Like always with David, the songs are bitter-sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BTwalwPTQo

There is always that 'touch of blue', sadness, whatever we call it, in many of his songs. Also with those from TPF Christmas Card, not without a reason.

DC : 'Generally, Christmas was one of the saddest times in my childhood because, from the time my parents split up until I started seeing my dad in California, both my mother and father were gone.' (David Cassidy:Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

So I'm listening today to this album at home, it's a lot of snow outside, and really cold, much below 0, probably this year we will have a White Christmas, my grandkids will be so happy. But I also feel sad thinking about those with whom I once spent Christmas and who are gone forever..And I'm thinking about David Cassidy too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKF9K1FnC0Q&t=77s

The pic - The David Cassidy Official Website


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'