A Partridge Family Christmas Card

This album was released by Bell Records in November 1971, produced by Wes Farrell. One of the most popular and loved The Partridge Family's albums..though only 2 tracks were featured on the tv show. And that episode is probably the most loved by actors and audience alike..'Don't Bring Your Guns To Town, Santa'. Sheriff Swell..that handome singing guy..

Only one song on that album was an original..But what an original..Written by the great Tony Romeo (I'm going to write a post only about him) - 'My Christmas Card To You.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blClzgifrdU

David Cassidy's voice singing those Christmas classics..this is just pure magic. My favourite one is 'White Christmas', Irving Berlin's masterpiece, written in 1941, one of the most popular song ever..and yet..David Cassidy's version is unique...longing...expectation...sadness..joy..and that fabulous, young, clear voice..When he sings..I believe in every word, he genuinely wishes us (and himself) the best Christmas ever...

My grandson favourite song is of course 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town'. He loves when his grandma sings along with David Cassidy..he is too young to sing but he jumps and laughs(my grandson does)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqjNaYucjg&t=16s

45 years later David Cassidy recorded another Christmas album, released by Big Music , in November 2016..just 6 songs..total length about 16 minutes..Sung by someone completely different..I can't listen to those Christmas songs this year. They are too depressing..he was so tired and sad..I can't hear any hope..maybe also because this year I will not going to sing with my family..

Merry Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzM4W9e27HE

Comments

  1. I also think "White Christmas" is the best track on the album, I have the single... it was the first picture cover single I owned, bought on a trip to London to visit my grandparents, I can still remember the excitement of finding it in a picture cover ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can imagine ...the excitement..I envy you being DC's fan in the 70s..Of course, I know that it wasn't easy ..waiting for a new issue of a teen mag..new info, pics, posters..or his new single..

      Delete
  2. I love this album ,I listen to it every Christmas. The first Christmas after David died ,I found it brought tears to my eyes, I felt so emotional and felt a part of me missing too.My favourite songs are my Christmas card to you ,The Christmas song ,Shirley Jones has such a beautiful voice .also love Frosty The Snowman ,Davids voice so soft and gentle .It is truly a beautiful album .Merry Christmas Claudette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..you are right Claudette, it's truly a beautiful album..Three years have passed..Wish you a very Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  3. The single is actually an EP. On the back it says" Special thanks to Uncle Don George BBC Junior Choice" I don't know the story behind this, Junior choice was a request radio programme at weekends on Radio One just for children. It appears they could have been behind release of the single, have you ever read anything about their involvement in the single, Weronika?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't..Another story ..Hope maybe someone knows sth..

      Delete
    2. DOREEN: i love this album too, "My Christmad Card To You" and " White Christmas" are my favourites. I only thing i know of the "Don George" mentioned on thr back of the EP is that, if i remember correct was the producer of the radio show "Junior Choice" and maybe he did influence them releasing a Christmas record that year. I have the picture sleeve EP too

      Delete
  4. yes yes yes! i love this album also and have been listening to it everytime i drive anywhere! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'