London

 David Cassidy first came to London at the beginning of February 1972...

Dick Leahy (Bell Records) : 'It was total insanity at the airport. There was a terminal with a roof terrace and there were 10 000 fans just hanging off this terminal to welcome him. The young kids in England just loved David Cassidy. He was massive in England. Huge..He was the biggest thing in the UK..'/Cassidy D.:"Could It Be Forever", 2007/

After 46 years..'David who ??' I know, almost half a century..but nothing..no one remembers? I was in London in April 2018..still sad..walking in David Cassidy's footsteps and very strongly feeling his presence..like he was there with me..Very strange experience..So many places in London..I was standing outside The Dorchester Hotel thinking how fans blocked Park Lane because of him..later went to visit deserted and small (but very interesting) Hertford Street..he was standing on that balcony..smiling..and happy..Tottenham Court Road and Dominion Theatre..fans waiting for him after the show ('Time')..and Phoenix Theatre on Charing Cross Road..Royal Albert Hall..to name just a few..and  Thames..I even took a short boat trip..'Ocean Sabre' was moored somewhere over there..and some fans jumped to a dirty, cold river..

I went to the biggest London's music shop..Nothing..At last..BINGO! 'Teen Idols Of The 70s' - 200 hits'.Osmond Donny...the Osmonds..Richard Cliff (?) , Jackson 5...Bay City Rollers...T.Rex...Sayer Leo..David!...Essex...Nothing..But..why ..'How Can I Be Sure' wasn't number 1? and 'Daydreamer'? I left the shop..very angry..

After 2 years thanks to DC Group of GB we have the DC Memorial Plaque at the stage door of The Phoenix Theatre..and also garden plaques in The Phoenix Theatre Garden ( this small garden is a real secret garden, I love this place)..and another one on the bench in Hammersmith Park..and DC Tribute Plaque Heathrow Airport..and fabulous Louise Poynton's book 'Cherish'..It's just a start..We want more!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYsGLjjrMMY









Comments

  1. I suppose we all remember someone in different ways, all I need is my record collection and my Partridge Family DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the Dorchester hotel on the afternoon David was leaving, waiting out front for him to come out and get in his car, a doorman said he would be coming up from the underground car park round the back of the hotel, lots of the girls didn't believe him, but a few of us took the chance and went to the back of the hotel, after a few minutes a Black Daimler appeared and in the back was the most beautiful man that I have ever seen, it drove slowly and David waved to us, I was crying as I looked at him and he smiled and mouthed " don't cry " and then he was gone. That memory will stay with me forever, I was 15 at the time, and although it was nearly 50 years ago, I remember it like it was yesterday ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, you are so lucky and it's so moving to read. People keep asking me why..Why do you write this blog? Why DC? Every generation of teens have their idols, and when they grow up they move on and forget about them. How to explain? Of course we know it was so many years ago , we enjoy our lives now, but we just still cherish his music and such memories. He was one and only, really special. Is it so difficult to understand ? We don't live in the past , we are just the lucky ones who were teens in the 70s.

      Delete
  3. Sharron Liddle2/24/21, 6:01 AM

    Hi Weronika
    I remember meeting you at the Phoenix Garden in London with your friends and I had a feeling that something very special was coming our way from you . Your blog is such a great idea and something that will grow and stand the test of time . I'm so very sure that David would be honored and humbled by what you have created in his memory and I look forward to reading more.
    Thank you for mentioning the GB Group tributes for David and together all of David's loving fans are spreading David's Legacy across the globe. One thing for sure is that David has connected up so very many people and many friendships.
    So , thank you Weronika for sharing your memories and thoughts and putting it all into your blog. We have so much to Cherish xxx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharron
      Yes, I remember too..and we also met on November21st 2018 , at the church..That was so moving being there, I flew from Warsaw in the morning and left in the evening, nearly missed my plane, but I had to be there on that day. Thank you so much for your kind words, everything we do we are doing for David and his memory. And GB Group' s hard work made such a difference.I've also suscribed to your YT channel - DC GBTEAM Sharronamanda and watch your all videos..It's so hard that now I can't come to London..but I hope it will change..Yes, we are the lucky ones, we have so much to Cherish xxx.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'