I'm On My Way Back Home /Bobby Hart and Jack Keller/

 It was in the early spring of 2018. At the time fans were writing a lot on the DC Official website. Fans from all over the world, we were still in shock, trying to come to terms with this unbelievable fact that David Cassidy was gone forever, that there would never be new songs, that we missed the chance to see him in concert , to tell him..you know. We were writing/talking about what he meant for us, about his life and music. And (it was actually my stupid idea) we started making a list of our top 5 of The Partridge Family's songs...'Looking Through The Eyes Of Love', 'It's One Of Those Nights'.., but suddenly someone wrote : 'Hold on! I love all TPF songs!' Yes, so true, because even those not so very good, even them, after all those years they became classic and of course David made them special, his fabulous  young voice and his interpretations.

'I'm On My Way Back Home' definitely belongs to my top 5. A great song to sing along with David. The song appeared on three episodes, all from season 2 - 'Days of Acne and Roses', 'The Forty-Year Itch' and 'Hel-l-l-l-l-p'. It's a song from 'Sound Magazine' album (released August 1971). Someone called it TPF's Sgt. Pepper, yes, probably that album is the best in their short career. A song about looking for something which could be very near, something which could be lost so easily, something what you get only when you give..yes , one of the most  happy song about love, full of hope and joy, a love story with good ending ,and one of the most memorable David's performance as Keith P.. And it was written by two amazing songwriters, Bobby Hart and Jack Keller. They wrote also for The Monkees. And Bobby Hart..he is a true giant, btw he is 81 and still very active. He wrote or co-wrote a lot of songs for The Partridge Family - 'Girl, You Make My Day', 'Something New Got Old' , 'Take Good Care Of Her', 'Friend and a Lover', 'Sunshine', 'Money, Money', 'Lookin' For a Good Time' , 'I Wouldn't Put Nothin' Over On You'..And surprise, surprise, I've had no idea (it was a big discovery for me) that he also co-wrote one of my fav DC's song - 'Hurt So Bad'.

One of my English friends laughs at me that I care so much about those not interesting facts..when, who, why..but I can't help it, I like to know ( sorry I'm a former teacher and a librarian), I also think it's important not to forget the  people who wrote these wonderful songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSExKeJlc3Q

Hans Peters / Anefo, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Comments

  1. I remember when we were trying to compile our top Partridge Family songs on David's website and slowly...some of us became friends. That seems such a long time ago!! Sound Magazine is my favourite Partridge Family album, though I'm not sure if that's because it's the best or because it was the only one I had for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that friendship, a true DC's legacy. So many great songs on that album, maybe it's the best,.'Love Is All That I Ever Needed' and '24 Hours a Day' and 'I Woke Up In Love This Morning'..'Brown Eyes'..and 'Summer Days'...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'