Breaking Up Is Hard To Do /Howard Greenfield, Neil Sedaka/

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh8VR5WuYy0

This is David Cassidy's third recorded version of that song. The first one was happy The Partridge Family's hit from 1972.  Smiling Keith sang it to lucky girls in 'Nag, Nag, Nag' episode (Season 3 12(61). Who could have left him... The second was a slower, sensual concert version on 'Cassidy Live!', and the last one from 'Touch Of Blue' album from 2003, so sad and moving, he is so unhappy, doesn't believe in good ending himself. This beautiful video was made by Anna Maria Ottengren.

But the theme of this post is not David's music but YT's channels dedicated to David Cassidy. You Tube..I don't remember how we managed without it. About 85 000 videos post there daily. Unbelievable. Our source of information. There are channels were DC appears  occasionally , like on Style Record Group, where there is DC playlist with 73 videos from every decade, beautifully edited and remastered, really outstanding quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdNBaIyOq1w&list=PLOgaQSEF98onLmRXF5tG3HMPWlOku9P2_&index=33

It's amazing that we get something new all the time, new audio recordings no one knew about, or a tv programme no one was hoping to see. Sometimes appears a  real bombshell..Like The Cassidy Collection on Elliot Mintz channel. Since December 2019 it's had nearly 40 000 views. How I waited for these recordings and they exceeded my wildest expectations. I know what David Cassidy wrote about Elliot Mintz in his biography, but I'm so gratetful to Mr Mintz for the opportunity to listen to the fragment of  that recorded 'open interview'. It was a difficult task and hard work to edit those tapes after 45 years. Amazing conversation, I felt like I was there. David and Elliot in Hawaii, walking on the shore and talking  about every , even difficult topic....the real David Cassidy was talking..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9W-rohxVk&t=10938s

And of course there are a lot of tribute videos. There is something for everyone. Fans make those videos to show that they still care and enjoy DC's music and his pics, that they remember him. It's easy to laugh at them, some are very naive or not of the best taste, or not good quality , but they are all made out of the heart, out of love. And believe me it's not so easy to make such videos. I've tried making one or two just for myself ,and it's quite difficult.. I'm a great fan of Sharon Angulot's channel. Maybe  bc of the songs she chooses, there is such an energy in those videos, some make me smile, others make me sad, I always wait for new Sharon's video. And I'm also a fan of Cherish DC Channel, and many more. Thank you for your hard work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5QTHSw15Ow&t=172s


Comments

  1. You're right Weronika, what would many of us do without YouTube? For those of us who live far from the USA or UK it has been the best way to reconnect with David and enjoy all his music. I also thank so many people who post their wonderful videos.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes reconnect, that's the word, or in my case get to know, I knew nothing about DC , just heard one or two songs.I became a real fan after watching videos and also reading fans' comments, they are a great source of info. I'm so happy you keep reading my blog Encarni. There are so many fascinating topics related to DC I would like to write about. 23 posts and I'm still in the 70's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is impressive that you have so much information about David without having heard from him in the 70's. I have 3 cassette tapes bought in '73, they still sound perfectly, David's first solo albums, the last I heard from him was "Please , please me "from his live album. I didn't hear from him afterwards for many years. For me everything was new, seeing him with short hair, blond in the 80s, I love it in the 90s ... and maturity, too much information that I have gradually assimilated. I love your blog and I follow you even if I don't always comment. A hug from Spain.

      Delete
  3. Big hug from Poland. I think, in a way , he was always present in my life , even if I was an undercover fan. Here, he was (and is) always only 'a singer for little girls' as one music critic told me when I wrote him about 'Songs My Father Taught Me'..his loss. I feel a great gratitude , I've understood a lot about myself bc of David Cassidy, about dealing with depression, addictions and it's changed my life for better..And his music, he was so underrated..I love his music from every decade..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy watching David cassidy on You Tube too . Yesterday I was listening to David Cassidy Japan Tour 1974 radio interview with Reiko Yukawa , it was great conversation to listen to .talking of his days in partridge family ,his records and his private life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of those new discoveries, the interview, and and also audio recordings from DC World Tour 1974 , from Japan. Very interesting and outstanding quality. Waiting for more.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'