How Can We Hang On To A Dream/Tim Hardin/

I've  seen something magical today, just returned home, it's 11pm and instead going to sleep , I'm writing this post. 2 weeks ago quite unexpectedly our theatres were allowed to open, a kind of  experiment. The same day I bought a ticket for 'Romeo and Juliet' ,Sergei Prokofiev's ballet..It's not a new performance , I saw it 5 or 6 years ago..Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZwi1sPYgs

David Cassidy and ballet.Yes, there is a connection .For the last 10 years I used to go for a ballet performance to our Grand Theatre (one of the biggest in Europe) at least twice a year, I'm a huge ballet fan. I had a ticket for a new premiere last March, but, you know. Tonight..it was strange , only 50% of audience and everyone in a mask..but to listen to that wonderful music live and to watch our National Polish Ballet's  dancers again..they were just fantastic, even better than before , they were so happy to perform again..While driving home I was thinking about another night ..

I was at the same Grand Theatre on November21st 2017..That performance was rather unusual, at first I wasn't very convinced, 3 parts without obvious connection , but it was another unforgettable night( you should watch the trailer to the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVkjlyJZg9w

At the time I used my phone as ..just a phone. I wasn't on any social media, I switched it off before the performance and switched it on the next morning while I was on a train going home. ( I spend that night at my daughter's flat )..There was a man (quite handsome ) who sat in front of me..and was staring at me..very hard..So I took off my phone to check the news..'.a former teen idol..Keith Partridge..David Cassidy..died'..I looked at the man , he wanted to say something ,but I just rised my hand and read once again..but it was the same..'David Cassidy died'..I don't know how I got home that day..I was in shock. Of course I knew that David Cassidy was in a hospital , but I was certain everything would be fine, he would undergo an operation or something..The next 4 or 5 weeks I spent thinking why I was so sad because of his passing..I didn't follow his career for many years, I didn't see him in concert, never..so why? I read fans' tributes, there were so many of them and tribute videos, and there was one video with a beautiful, sad song which I'd never heard before.., maybe that was the answer.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqb4x6zHoA

And the man from the train..He was an Englishman who wanted to know if he was going in the right direction... Yes, he was..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'