Jack, David and ..Shaun.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmk3ozf3RJg

 Truly speaking in the 70s I knew very well two Cassidys - Jack and Shaun. David was like a dream ,I heard his two or three songs, saw some pics in 'Bravo', that's all, didn't watch TPF or any tv programmes with him. I was a little bit too young , became music fan about 1974. I loved America, The Eagles, 10CC ,but also Led Zeppelin, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, jazz..So when Shaun became a new teen idol, and he was really popular in Poland , I didn't like his hits at all, on the contrary. Thought him very ..uninteresting, plastic, his music and the way he looked..Btw he is much more remembered than David,   when I start telling someone ( like my US consul , someone around my age) about David Cassidy, the first reaction is very often  - ' Shaun, I remember him, he was fun'..I have nothing against Shaun, but..Anyway, it seems strange, but I knew that he was David's younger brother but had no idea that Jack was their father..In Poland in the 70s we didn't have the magazines like Jackie or music press like Melody Maker or Rolling Stone , no glossy magazines with articles about celebrities. Such reading was not for us..

But Columbo was one of the few series shown on our tv. Of course 3 or 4 years after everyone in the world has watched it..but who cares..I watched and was hooked just from the first episode, which was directed by Steven Spielberg with a murderer played by..Jack Cassidy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjN5yHZGG_8

Jack was fascinating, he terrified me , I thought him very old ( I was about 14) and old-fashioned..I never saw such men in real life. Yes,he was very elegant, but there was something I couldn't explain, something different and strange, maybe theatrical, I can't find a word...Anyway, when at last I learned that he was David's and Shaun's father I couldn't believe at first..Those gorgeous boys with long hair and that strange , cold, ruthless man..No way..And yet..David was so like him. Eyes,dimples, smile, even voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZIEKB3WJt0  David shows up at 20.28 and this is the only video on which he is with his father and his dad's whole, new family - Shirley, and David's half brothers - Shaun, Patrick and Ryan. I  have never seen a pic with all of them, together. He wasn't a part of that family..

Of course we know that David and Jack appeared together on Merv Griffin show on August 23, 1971. Great we have an audio recording. I hope one day a miracle happens and we will see this strange and moving interview, Jack mocking his own son's career and later when they were singing. How I would like to know what Jack Cassidy was thinking as he  listened to David singing 'Danny Boy'..And what a voice young David Cassidy had..Magic..(sorry Shaun..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5ZZ0iSFbk&t=63s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'