Leaving Keith Partridge


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMP2evqKEic

This is one of the first interviews (hundreds to come) in which David Cassidy explained why he'd decided to stop touring, had enough of  The Partridge Family and that he wasn't Keith..Sadly he had to talk about it over and over for the rest of his days..For the next 43 years..People didn't let him forget Keith.

We didn't have TPF on our tv , never,  I saw all 96 episodes only in 2018 , thanks to my very GENEROUS English friend (I'm forever grateful)..I was a little afraid to start watching. I knew a lot about it, about people who made it and how everything was ended. It took me some time, nearly 2 months to see all episodes. I watched TPF as a fan of David Cassidy's music , a  very grown up one. So ..where to start..

Sloppy editing, Tracy looking straight at the camera, the same actors playing different characters ( Gordon Jump - 7), far-fetched stories, two Chrises, one Ricky, one disappearing dog, these strange concert halls, Keith unable to finish school, superstars who goes to school, and to bed early , show bussines people but no drugs, no sex (and no money either) ,Williams twins singing.. But in every episode there were always 2-3 minutes of real magic..This is just amazing tribute video made by John Arehart, it explains everything :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5LyVAoQUI

Yes, every time when David was singing. Of course there was also a lot of really good acting,  fantastic guest stars, great comedy moments, I  watch TPF when I'm not well or under the weather, it always makes me smile. Maybe I have a weird sense of humour , I really love Season 4..Laurie as Keith's date, power crisis..(minus poor Ricky of course). It's a very good family sitcom, but the reason we watch it and still like it, is David. The Partridge Family was David Cassidy..

I'm leaving Keith Partridge too (hope so..). Ive been writing this blog since December and I'm still in 1974..Time to move forward and write about David's career in later years. Only  one last video showing what a fantastic atmosphere was on the set..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYd8Kchr8s

'only a moment ago..'

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28111950@N00/26483464520/



Comments

  1. In the 70s there were many series of large families of the type The Partridge Family, like "The tribe of the Brady" or "With eight is enough", they were funny comedies. What really set The Partridge Family apart from the rest was David's presence. With him all the arguments were unnecessary. In Spain it was broadcast in 1972 and I was 15 years old, a nice age to have a platonic love ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice age..I think I know why we didn't have those family series (political reasons , too much to explain) but we had crime tv series, my fav Columbo and I remember watching Jack Cassidy, he was amazing, btw I had no idea at the time he was David's father...or later Rich Man, Poor Man with Kay Lenz, I thought she was so beautiful..and again I had no idea she was DC's wife..It sounds strange but we were really behind the Iron Courtain and knew very little about the world..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'