Hi Heel Sneakers /Robert Higginbotham (Tommy Tucker)

 Let's imagine the year is 1990 , tv is turned on, MTV, and why not ..you are doing sth..what wives and mothers do..let's say..ironing..and suddenly...what a great rock song, a fabulous, strong,  breathy voice..there is something familiar..you are looking closer..wow..what a guy..body and everything..one moment!... that hair..and those eyes..sure .you've seen him somewhere....many years ago ,but.. he looked different...It can't be??.The iron is falling out of your hands. You are 13 again and in love for the first time....Yes!!...David Cassidy ..a brand new one, mature and very handsome DC. 

And like always..singing about love..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMMSWJosRs

But how David came to be on MTV ? With a new great hit ? We must return to 1987.

DC arrived in London in March that year , he started rehearsals in the Dominion Theatre,  very hard working time for him, 15, 16 hours a day. DC lived in a little 2 bedroom apartment in Knightsbridge ,near Montpelier Square.When I've read this (in his autobiography) , I cried very loud......sth, because I know that part of London very well, I've walked it along and across it on foot , and Ive been staying in nearby hotels a few times .But of course not in the 80s...

Anyway , one day he heard a knock ..'I opened the door and there stood Sue, with a big smile on her face - and 15 piece of luggage' (David Cassidy, Could It Be Forever?, 2017) btw. Sue is also Aries ,like David ,very stubborn sign (I know, I'm Aries too)

They were very happy together in London, David and Sue, they were writing songs, and when  returned to the U.S, at the end of 1987, DC moved  into Sue's house..David wanted to rebuild his life in his native country. He kept on writing new material, alone and with Sue, the songs no one ever expected from David Cassidy...Like this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QLW659CxpE

My English friend B. , told me a story ,how  in the 90s , her friends  visited her while she was listening to 'David Cassidy' album from 1990, and she asked them to guess the name of the artist singing..Foreigner ? Whitesnake ? They couldn't guess and when she told them they couldn't believe it..

So DC was working on a new material , and there was a very popular morning show in LA ,Mark and Brian on KLOS radio. They were DC's fans ,and they were talking about him. 'So I called them and they invited me on the show. They asked me what I'd been doing. I told them  I had been writing some material and making some demos. The following week, I accepted their offer to come back to the studio(..) By the end of the show , I had play three or four demos and had 3 offers of recording contracts. Ah, Los Angeles, how sweet it is..' (DC :Could It Be Forever?', 2007)

When David went on tour in 1991, the first in the U.S. since 1972..he looked and sounded like he had been playing rock for the last 20 years.. David Cassidy , one and only..This is just amazing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG988dAziXU

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Montpelier_Square%2C_Knightsbridge_-_geograph.org.uk_-_481205.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'