I remember April..David Cassidy's birthday.

 

I got it yesterday, from my son-in-law.Just amazing, so much trouble to make it..I don't  know what I'm going to do with it..David Cassidy's Corner on the outskirts of Warsaw. And it's not a first present regarding David Cassidy which I've got. Is it a little too much.? That my kids buying me presents related to DC ?. I have already some books, a lot of photos, keyring with DC pic, a giant poster, some teen mags, even  comic books and his albums. All are presents..but do I really need them? Where is the line between being a normal fan and an obsessed one. Maybe I should stop writing this blog...But today is David's birthday, not a good timing..and a lot of fans are going to celebrate..And me too, I'm a fan after all..

Why we do this? Celebrating  birthday of the man who died in 2017 ,whom most of us never met?  Of course , it's a good opportunity to talk about DC's legacy, some radio stations will play his songs..but I don't believe that we could make  his music popular again..Of course he is a pop icon..but it was so many years ago..50 years...that's a lot of time..

Why we still care ?..There are many reasons..He was the biggest teen idol when we were teens.It was so exciting to have someone like him ,DC just amazingly hit the demand and everything was  on the global scale , millions were  waiting for new albums, teen mags,his concerts..Great memories..Half a century ago..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep42l7CacCY

I never saw DC in concert or in the theatre, never. So why ? I like his music very much , but I  like many different kinds of music, also jazz and classical music , there are a lot of great singers..But  something special was in David's voice. Magic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-SmpLM-ss8

And we also were sorry for him..That he was so unhappy, lost his money, was a victim of the industry..but life is not a fairy tale, and DC had his share of happiness, he was famous and rich...and his addiction , nothing is unusual in it. But there is something tragic, that the man who brought so much joy and happiness ,the man who had beauty, money and fame ,was so depressive and sad , and  lost everything..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmzks_GNNUE

He was an amazing live performer. I love that video..

Of course I should speak for myself..A lot of great things happened to me because of David Cassidy.

I've made great new friends, I went for a tour around the UK in 2018 , I was in  the U.S. in 2019 (which was really extraordinary), I've learnt a lot of new things  about American history and American pop culture , I've improved my English, I've learnt how to write and publish a blog (and made screenshots at last!) and I've spend many happy hours listening to his music or watching videos on YT..And I've also understood a lot of things about myself, about addictions or dealing with depression..And it's really  changed my life.. And  because of him I know  that I always should do what I love doing , no matter what others say.  And don't be afraid...And never give up..and C'mon get happy..Quite a lot of things. Very important..

Thank you David Cassidy..Happy Birthday... Daydreamer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0mrYzW6iRM





Comments

  1. Just amazing weronika ,you have so much memorabilia. I too have collected books ,key rings scarf etc ,and it's all part of being a fan .I know he sadly is no longer with us ,but the love of his great music lives on with his fans .David has made an impact on my life .from my childhood to adulthood ,he had that special gift .and because of David I have found some great friends .so amazing how a man I never met touched my life so much .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..that sth very extraordinary. You are right, he had that special gift, there are such people, we were lucky to be teens in the 70s..Hope to see you soon Claudette, my friend. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'