Song For A Rainy Day /David Cassidy, Kim Carnes/

 

This is a great song from DC 'Rock Me Baby' album, released 49 years ago..And after some very warm days it's raining today, and it's quite cold. The best weather to sit at home, do something useful and think about yesterday's celebration..David Cassidy's  birthday. Actually a lot was going on online. Fans posted pics, videos and memories, money was gathered for charities..But let's listen first to David's and Kim's song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljs8WnMBf3w

I wonder how many people had  watched, listened  and read about David Cassidy yesterday. There were more than 2k likes on David Cassidy website FB page, under the post on his birthday..Of course there are a lot of people who are not on social media ,or they are but never write comments. For me the most moving was listening to the United DJs - those amazing legendary guys, true legends, the men who made Radio Luxembourg in the 60s, and in the 70s, they knew David personally , they liked him very much, and they helped making him a huge star in the UK.  Listening to DC's hits on the radio , amazing, such a quality, it was like returning to the 70s again..And his old hits sounded so fresh..https://www.uniteddj.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdedq_6Iy4

 What a great, timeless  pop hit...

The other moving moment was watching the pics and the video from St Giles in London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC0wsCCDl2A

This is an amazing, magical place so close to The Phoenix Theatre and The Phoenix Garden, I'm there anytime in London..And while watching this video I've had an idea..why not prepare and do a small concert next year. I mean a tribute DC concert in that church. Acoustic guitars , acoustic versions of his songs..Sth like Pat Metheny did with Cherish (I wrote about his version on 18th February). I'm sure that there are a lot of talented fans who can play some instrument or sing, or maybe they have talented kids..my younger daughter play an acoustic guitar beautifully..Let's make it !! Let's make such a  concert an annual , happy meeting of friends..because I feel ( I know) David Cassidy would have loved us not to be sad remembering him.

I'm dreaming about a contest for young musicians singing DC's songs..online..or about a movie..In recent years we got films about Freddie and Elton, now Ive heard about Bee Gees biopic..But who could have played David..? No one..We talked about it once on our WhatsApp group and even some names were mentioned..but one was not pretty enough, another had a crooked smile or no voice to speak of, short legs or awful hands, or hopeless hair, and no one, I repeat , no one had David's sex-appeal. Because David had everything from the start, he didn't have to lose his weight, had a nose job, even changed his name.Wes Farrell said that David'd had a star image written all over him..But I don't think we will see such a film, there are many reasons why not..

I've been carried away a little but..Let's make a concert first.....

St Giles..I took that pic on November21st, 2018. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'