100 ..


 It's difficult to find words..bc this is rather emotional . I'm  writing my 100th post. It's amazing, so many..And people read it, my blog on David Cassidy.. I'm going to write how it's started , and also give links to some songs DC  wrote or co-wrote..and the first one is the real gem, song which should have been a huge hit, sth really special, the best collaboration of DC and those oudstanding musicians who played as TPF - Hal Blaine, Mike Melvoin, Larry Knechtel, Max Bennett, Denis Budimir, John Bahler, Tom Bahler , Jackie Ward, Ron Hicklin and..Wes Farrell..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGrdlR1fKr4

It was my very close English friend B., who said in 2019 - 'You are still so interested in DC..why don't you start writing a blog about him..' 'Me??  A blog? In English?? No way..". There are so many fans, who know much more than me and it's one thing to write in English with friends on whatsapp (even everyday and about everything) and quite another to write a blog..So I've forgotten about it..Another David's great own song from the 70s..Magic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkgbGip3s4

In the early December 2020, someone from my close family, was taken to hospital in dramatic circumstances. It was life or death. I did ok during the day, I drove to the hospital every day, even if I couldn't go inside, I cleaned the house (never was so clean) , cooked ( even made own bread, and I really hate cooking), walked , answered many phone calls..but at night was hard. I just couldn't sleep..And one night I was sitting in my bedroom , on a chair, just a small table lamp was on, it was so dark and quiet outside ..and I was in a kind of stupor. I didn't have the strenght to go to bed..nothing. And you must know, that there are many things on my bedroom's walls. Maps, memorabilia from my journeys, postcards I got, paintings and a lot of pics. Also David Cassidy's. And  I looked at one photo. You know those DC's pics when he was looking straight into camera..so for a while it was like we were staring at each other..And suddenly I thought to myself "A blog ! Get up and write!' And I opened my laptop, it was after midnight ,and I started writing..just like that. And it was the first time that I forgot about hospitals and everything.

One of my fav..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWXx03VFVsY

When I had 6 or 7 posts , I send them to 3 persons asking for opinion. My dear B. wrote that it wasn't bad but ' who are you writing for, think about your reader.' At the time I even didn't think about publishing really..but it was a good question. First of all I decided not to write about controversial things, even if DC had written about them himself. No sex, no groupies, no personal things, because DC, his life still generates a lot of emotions. And my reader..someone like me who still cares and loves his music..The second person (the most important) just answered 'great' , but also promised a support and advertise. Good. The third one advised me to prepare a plan, frequency, topics..Truly speaking from the beginning I wrote without a plan and  when I wanted to..As David said 'Do what you love doing, no matter what others say..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWVPJoylFs

Meanwhile, when we were just to take her from hospital, the doc phoned that the test was made, and that our sick had Covid (beside other things). And that they didn't have a place at the Covid ward for her in that hospital ,maybe in another town..But we decided  that enough of those hospitals, that we would take her home whetever happened...That night I published my  blog, first 2 posts, on December 20th..For the next 3 weeks, we were locked in the house on the strict quarantine. During the day everything was on my head so to speak, but at night I was happy writing about David Cassidy. Everything ended well, neither of us got sick. Now the hospital and the disease is only a bad memory ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6QGYBCU4pI

I've written this because, I've read a lot of such stories. How David Cassidy, his music, his life experience really helped in hard times, brought love and light..and hope...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'