Find Peace In Your Soul /Bill Dorsey/

When I was searching for a good title for today's post I've thought about that old TPF's song from Season1. It's scary how so many songs were about David , or mayby they were just very universal. He made some important decisions in 2005 to find peace and balance in his life..So the song first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNlMn46gvRU

At the end of January 2005 , according to an American poll, David was announced as tv's greatest American teen idol ever. The best in history. He beat Ricky Nelson, John Travolta and Johnny Depp. Whatever he did he couldn't make people forget DC, a superstar , he was  an epitome of a teen idol forever stuck in time. He became a pop icon from the 70s. But it wasn't David's problem in 2005, he was concentraiting more on his private life that year.

Mayan King, I've already written about that horse and DC's high expectations .' If I could win the Kentucky Derby, there would be nothing on the face of earth . other than the birth of my son 14 years ago, to compare to the thrill and the high of it. The day I bought him I thought he was a Derby horse.'  (March23, 2005). That year DC said several times that he was more proud of his career as a breeder than of his gold albums..This is a link to the video made during the races , Saratoga, NY..Happy and excited David Cassidy with Sue and their son watching DC's horse 'Half Heaven'..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/2005InsideEdition.html

Also a lot was written about the upcoming UK tour called 'Once In a Lifetime' . David was to perform (as the most important star) alongside The Osmonds, David Essex and the Bay City Rollers . DC asked fans via his website which songs they would like him to sing during that tour. He also announced that the tour would be special because it would be his last outside the US.

'It was a hard decision but I made a promise to my son Beau never to leave the country for months at a time again and I intend to keep it. I can't do that to my son or my wife any more. (..) it's always been about the work and my fans who just continue to surprise me with how great they are.' (20th June, 2005 D.Thompson:'David's pretty certain he loves us', The Journal, Newcastle)

There were 11 concerts started on June21st in Newcastle. David Cassidy took his family to the UK , and 14 year old Beau accompanied him for about 10 minutes on stage at nearly every concert. He was very proud of him..At the same time he wasn't happy about his 19 year old daughter's career. David was spending a lot of time with Beau,  the boy was tall as his father, shared his passion for horses and music, sang in a choir and played bass in his own rock band. On August 1, 2006 they sang the national anthem together..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/ChicagoCubsGame.html

 I couldn't find any videos from that tour , we know that he sang his own hits but also The Beatles 'You Have To Hide Your Love Away', here is that song from another concert. It's amazing, it's not like a gig for money , it's like happy friends meeting again, David and his fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ApfWE_J3ME


the pic is from 2009, The Breeders Cup

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jondoeforty1/4084760468




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'