Let's Dance ..With David Cassidy

David Cassidy met thousands of people. Some of them shared his passion for horses or  music, some became friends ,  for a while or for life. We know that he could have been a very loyal friend. And sometime in 2006 he started working with a man, whom he later called his musical brother, a man who was by his side during those most difficult, last years of his life. 

Craig J. Snider was born in Boston, received a degree in piano and composition, a composer, producer, remixer, songwriter, label owner and multi-instrumentalist. Very known producer and arranger on many productions that have topped Billboard's dance charts. In 2007 he remixed and co-produced very unusal David Cassidy's album , called 'David Cassidy Part II - The Remix'. Here is a really great dance version of 'C'mon Get Happy' from that record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRjWTM0SaI

The CD was released in February 2007 by 180 Music and Target, and it was available only at the company's stores. It was a dance album- club rocking remixes of 4 of DC's hits and 7 TPF's songs, with 3 versions of C'mon Get Happy. David recorded fresh vocals and was really thrilled with this new, contemporary sound. He said  : ' It's by far the most daring and exciting project I've done in quite few years. My son and two of his friends were here when I got the first mastered copy of it.  I said to them - 'I want you guys to be honest. Tell me what you think of this ' And all three of them said - 'Man, that's pretty cool!' (Feb23, 2007, Frank Halperin : Hearts Still Throbs For '70s Star David Cassidy' www.courierpostonline.com).

 A dance version of 'Rock Me Baby'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhldG6GB7Sw

There are some fans who have no idea about that CD, or if they know about it, they are not impressed, but I like it. It really brought those great songs to a new generation. It was an album just to get up, dance and be happy. That's all . David Cassidy never was afraid of new challenges in life or in his career, and Craig J. appeared on stage at some of DC's the US  concerts that year. In 2007 David played 16 concerts in America and...he didn't keep his promise and was in the UK again , 10 concerts in April, another nostalgic tour with Osmonds, David Essex and Showaddywaddy. I've read not so good reviews, that DC again was talking too much instead singing , but fans (not only from the UK) were very happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qPa2Z63LbQ

On March8th 2007, Headline published the 'new' David Cassidy autobiography 'Could It Be Forever?'. It was much less controversial version of 'C'mon, Get Happy..' from 1994. He still wrote a lot about sex during his hayday days, and the tabloids cited more spicy fragments , but a lot of people  at last realized that he was much more than only a former teen idol, that it had been a very difficult experience for him , and that he paid a price for that enormous fame.

DC gave a lot of interviews about his glory years in the 70s, about his long way to recovery and rebuilding of his career. He explained about the differences between that former  insecure David, a teen idol, and David in 2007, a mature 57 year old artist and a family man " I used to care so much , I wanted everyone to appreciate me and to see how I cared. Now I think , if you don't like it, it's ok. Enough people do. I love my work. I'm really good at what I do. I can play. I can sing and I can act. I get to do what I want. I'm driving the bus now. The bus ain't driving me anymore.' (April3,2007, Hannah Stephenson :Heartthrob Has Found Peace' www.icbershire.incetwork.co.uk)

I prefer the first DC's autobiography, it's more sincere , with the second one it's obvious that David was more cautious , thought too much about..keeping up appearances, but both books are great read..'the price of fame..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU2heMWfI3U

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/David_Cassidy_by_Allan_Warren_1974_2.jpg

Comments

  1. "I'm driving the bus now. The bus ain't driving me anymore." What a good phrase and how well it sums up everything ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, DC was smart.. Sure many people after 50 feel the same (if they have no health or money problems of course) and on the other hand in his case ,
      I'm afraid it was also wishful thinking

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'