All I Wanna Do Is Touch You /Irwin Levine, L.Russell Brown

 

Let's start with the song , side B of  the single Cherish. It was # 9 on November 13, 1971 on Billboard Hot 100. The only one David's US Top 10 hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1rc2qwFBw

Why that song? I've thought about it and some DC's words recently, one evening on my holiday. Before going to Djerba, I've promised myself that this time I would not talk with anybody. No new friends, no new adventures. Because I'm a person who talks with everybody and everywhere, people keep telling me stories, wherever I go, I'm asked about the way and advice in LA, London or Agadir.. once I talked for 6 hours on a train with young German all the way from Berlin to Warsaw. But this time I just wanted to rest, swim, read, listen to the music, no phone calls, no internet, no tv, no talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZRRekOYqk

Free wifi was only at the lobby, it was great because I  checked news and social media only twice a day, but  that also meant that most guests met at the lobby, you couldn't avoid them.. Of course there was a lot of space, sofas, armchairs, everyone sat with a phone somewhere not paying attention to others..But one evening I noticed sth different in the air..Some tension. I looked up and in front of me, was sitting the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Some people (not only men) openly stared at her. She was still a kid, maybe 13, she had rather short dark blond hair, cut like it was popular in the 20s,  dark, thick very long lashes, green - brown eyes, beautiful skin, she was very slim, rather short. Russian. There are such faces..because of Helen of Troy we called them faces that launched a thousands ships. 

I felt sorry for her, to be so stared at that way, but on the other hand maybe she liked it. At that moment a young man from Animation Team walked over to her, she was like a magnet, the girl stood up politely and was just listening. And the phone almost fell out of my hand, because she stood exactly like young DC used to.  She stood with her hands crossed in front of her as she wanted to fend off  the man and defended herself against ..people .. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srvXrs2itsE

When the man at last left, she sighed with relief and realized that I'd noticed that. She looked me in the eyes and smiled..what a smile it was. I smiled too..That's all. We didn't talk or anything. I felt she was grateful for my smile and understanding. And I thought about something David'd said when he was asked about his teen idol days, days when he was the most beautiful   '....people loving you to a point where they want to have a piece of you for their wall and they can love you so much they want to tear your clothes off or tear you apart..' (2008)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/David_Cassidy_Allan_Warren.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'