On The Beach With ..David Cassidy And Timm McCoy

I've just returned from my holiday. 2 weeks of sun, swimming..and more swimming..and listening to DC's music on the beach..Actually to David Cassidy Day 2018, the great gift we got from Timm McCoy. It was  3 years ago on the day which should have been David's  68th birthday... I don't usually listen to this programme, I have some CD's in my car for every day listening,..I save Timm's DC Day for my holidays..I was listening to it on my trips around the UK and in the U.S. and on every flight and on every beach I was, I'm so grateful for those priceless 13 hours of DC's music...

The timing..In April 2018 we were still so ..in shock really. It was difficult to imagine the world without David ..and me and a lot of fans were disappointed that David Cassidy (and Glen Campbell) was omitted at the Oscars..Of course, he didn't really played in movies, but David was a pop icon and he had such a huge impact on many lives..And with each passing month. we fans realized, that nothing would be done..and if we wanted to keep his legacy alive , we  had to do it ourselves..

First there were benches in Saratoga Springs and next David Cassidy Day 2018, 12 hours ( + extras) of music and Timm's memories and reflections on DC's legacy...At first I was a little confused, why that random way of broadcasting, not album by album, but of course it was brilliant. That way we could really appreciate how great , outstanding singer DC was, no matter young or old, singing pop or rock..or blues, whatever decade.., and what a perfectionist he was..And this is quite extraordinary how those songs are personal..I mean like he was singing his personal stories just for me. Girls who watched the first TPF's episodes in 1970 wrote the same. That they felt that  he was singing just for them..

Also each time  while listening to DC Day 2018, I always rediscover some songs. Songs I haven't known well enough or haven't appreciated..This time I've made two great discoveries..Two personal moving songs about lost love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_obXYFW4rU..

and...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vefm7PiX60Y





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'