The Last Session. June 11th, 2018

 

Yes, it's difficult to believe but it was aired 3 years ago, in June 2018.on A&E. This doc  aroused emotions from the very beginning..From the moment the work on it started. The family  wasn't happy , or even more, also some fans. Me too. We were afraid ..it's obvious why we were. I even wrote a letter to the network against the upcoming doc. It was a very emotional time , so soon after David had left us..It was hard just to write those words -' he died '. We discussed the film no one saw, on the DC website..

In May 2018 posthumous DC's jazz EP called 'Songs My Father Taught Me ' was released ..And when for the first time I was listening to 'Night and Day' and heard David obviously struggling to sing those words about '..yearning burning inside of me..'. I started to cry..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7AL9JsKnz0

It's a great record.  It was #1Amazon Jazz chart, #2 iTunes Jazz Chart, #13 Billboard Jazz Album Chart..David Cassidy among the greatest. I wrote an emotional letter about that album and how underestimated DC was, to the influential , known  Polish music critic. I always read his reviews (in a very popular weekly mag). He wrote me an  email.' David Cassidy was a singer for little girls.' The end. He even didn't listen to it. A famous music critic, he knew better than some stupid middle aged women. I stopped reading that magazine at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bI8T47s27A&list=OLAK5uy_kurPojVFG_A2soIUBWNMn02z3FfbJQpQA

 The day came and 'The Last Session' was aired on June 11th..In the US. So fans from other continents could only read about it. That it was very emotional, difficult to watch, good, even if too much  concentrated on DC's demons .I  wanted to see it so badly and it was so unfair that I couldn't. But I had great friends and I got my copy in London, on November 21st, 2018 , on  the first anniversary.

It was my craziest trip ever. Everything started when in September 2018 I discovered that very cheap air tickets to London were for November21st, with the return ticket the same day,  in total it was about $50..Within 5 minutes me and my 5 English fellow fans decided we would meet on that day in London, outside the Phoenix Theatre, at 10a.m..Only one of them lived in London , so it was a great and difficult journey not only for me.The most tiring and expensive was for my friend who lives in and around Manchester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFIQj7pw5w&list=OLAK5uy_kurPojVFG_A2soIUBWNMn02z3FfbJQpQA&index=2

It was one of the most amazing , magical and stressful day in my life. We saw the plaque (The Phoenix Theatre) , we were at St. Giles , met Sharron and Pauline from DC Great Britain Group , and Doreen who became a close friend. We went for lunch and later had some drinks at Montagu Pyke pub , and we were talking  non stop about everything, not only David..When I was to leave, I got a small package. It was 'The Last Session'..One piece of advice - never and I repeat NEVER, count that National Express airport transfer would be on time..It took me nearly 4 hours to get to Luton. I arrived there just 40 minutes before my plane's take off . I was sure I would have to spend the night at the airport. It was like in a movie, running and shouting..and I managed. I was desperate to be at home and watch the doc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2YAc0lwMy8&list=OLAK5uy_kurPojVFG_A2soIUBWNMn02z3FfbJQpQA&index=5

So at last at home, and it was nearly midnight , I started watching..and yes, I cried too..Of course it would have been great if more had said about DC's career after the 70s, about the impact he had ,and I wasn't happy to see Robin Green in it , but David was a pop icon and it was a doc about the price he paid for it. It was great that the film was interesting not only for fans . but also for people who had no idea about David Cassidy . And for me was fantastic   to hear  fragments of those famous Elliot Mintz' tapes.

'The Last Session' is a great doc. Hard to watch but also must watch. I believe that David Cassidy wanted it this way. It was , together with his EP, the last gift we got from him. His farewell present, his saying good bye..

We wish you were here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00eV8n-LtQY&list=OLAK5uy_kurPojVFG_A2soIUBWNMn02z3FfbJQpQA&index=3


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'