Bruce Kimmel and 'It's One Of Those Nights' / Tony Romeo

 

I just have listened to Louise Poynton's conversation with Bruce Kimmel. It's taken me some time, it's long, more than 100 minutes. Wow..Where to start ? Maybe with a song , Bruce was so lucky, David Cassidy was singing for him, one of the biggest TPF's hits . Tony Romeo's and..DC's masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBc549rcF4

It's obvious that they liked each other, David and Bruce and Susan..and Shirley. Bruce Kimmel said :' I loved them all , and they loved me. Like being in a family'. And they wanted him on the set . Bruce Kimmel appeared as 4 different Laurie's boy friends on 5 TPF's episodes. They hit it off immediately, became friends also off the set , had great time together. He is very generous , Bruce Kimmel is, in spite of being so busy himself , he finds time to share his memories with fans. Last year on the 50th TPF's anniversary, and he will be in Las Vegas next year for DC's star ceremony.

It's not easy to list everything he has done. Bruce Kimmel is truly a Renaissance man. An actor ,  writer (he has written and published 21 books ! ) director , composer , music producer ..a blogger. A truly legendary blogger , he has one of the longest running daily blogs in the history of the Internet , he started in November 2001 and has never missed a day..Chapeau Bas , as a blogger with only 130 entries I can only say this. Of course my blog is different , I don't write about myself , only as a fan. I do a lot of researching, checking and English is not my native language, so writing an entry takes me some time . Being a blogger ..it's an amazing experience , it's very creative , very educational , I've learnt a lot during those past 6 months, it's also a kind of drug..but to write everyday, for so many years..amazing. One more time David singing and Bruce listening..They had again great time together on and off the set of that episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=220JIywCzvk

Bruce Kimmel is another very interesting Louise Poynton's guest. I love that part where he talks about creativity , 'what life would be  without being creative ?' , yes, it would be life not worth living , and his attitude to new challenges - 'I just do it' and 'why not' . Of course , that's something I tell myself quite often - WHY NOT ?!!. But this conversation is not just very amusing , there is also a lot of sadness in it, about passing time, people who disappear from one's life, depression , how not to give up . He also tells very sincerely about his feelings for Susan Dey , that he would love to meet her again , and what a great actress Susan has become. Yes, I think Susan should have made a great career , for me she is the best Jo March ever..btw. in that version from 1978  Meredith Baxter Birney plays Meg, and she is not very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GBqgNYgkkU

And the things he has said about David Cassidy , the man he knew , that David was happy singing , and such fun to work with , happy and charming and just  a wonderful man. He didn't know at the time about DC's demons. And one more thing Bruce has said. That when you are travelling the bad way you don't want to listen to people. You have to find the strenght in yourself.

Thank you Louise Poynton . Thank you Bruce Kimmel. It was a great pleasure.

https://thedavidcassidyconnections.libsyn.com/in-conversation-with-director-bruce-kimmel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'