Celebration of the 70s and Let the Sunshine In..

David Cassidy played only 25 concerts in 2013, but they were outstanding.While performing with Peter  Noone and Micky Dolenz they remembered  their late friend, Davy Jones, and at each concert they sang together - 'Daydream Believer'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3t1Vwo8qho

On March 3rd, DC attended the first David T. Jones Memorial/Monkees Convention , it was held in East Rutheford, New Jersey , and a charity was founded called Davy Jones Equine Memorial Foundation.David gave an interview on stage, he talked about his friendship with Davy Jones, he was also on stage with Davy's 4 daughters. Some fans were disappointed that David didn't give autographs etc...but it wasn't about him ,he was a guest .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ILQ_7XpMs

 David Cassidy's solo concerts in 2013. OMG..My English is too limited.David was mesmerizing..I just can't describe those performances, I would have jumped and screamed  if I had been there.What a voice, what a performer,and what a man. On the DC website there is a great review  from one of those concerts, written by Kristi Paddock, this is just a fragment of it , and how aptly and beautifully she put it :

 '...if you want to spend time interacting with a performer who wants to know his fans , and wants his fans to know who he really is: who cares more about the individual than the whole crowd - then please go see David Cassidy. Probably the only performer I know , whose most endearing quality is - and always has been - his imperfect humanity , I'll be back'.

 So watch ,listen..and envy those lucky ones who were there in audience..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQwvORmmYPg

Just before the Monkees Convention DC took part in a special concert called 'Jim Brickman Celebration of the 70s ' at Oakdale Theatre , Wallingford , CT. Jim Brickman (born 1961) is a known American pop songwriter, pianist and radio host. He invited some stars who inspired him in the 70s , and  as a kid  he saw  DC in concert  in 1972. At the Oakdale Theatre  David Cassidy  performed  'Cherish' , and very happy Jim accompanied him on the piano. As he said it was a great honor for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvGP8q_YFqs

At the end of the concert all stars  were singing on stage together .And every time I watch this , I'm  so moved watching David Cassidy singing 'Let The Sunshine In'..I wish it wasn't such a short fragment. This is an iconic song for his generation ( and I think also for mine).  I love Hair's soundtrack , and it's movie version is one of my favourite film ever. I never forget how I felt watching it for the first time in 1980 or 1981. So first 'Finale Mashup' with David Cassidy from Jim Brickman's concert ,  and later 'Let The Sunshine In' from Milos Forman's masterpiece. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXbkVK4u1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qonj8k0FBmA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'