David Cassidy Then & Now , July 9th , 2021

On Friday , July 9th , at 7 p.m. EDT , I Think I Love You Animal Fundation will hold its first  world - wide online event - 'David Cassidy Then & Now '

'Then And Now' was the title of David Cassidy's album released in October 2001 in the UK ( and it achieved Platinum Sale Status there ) and in 2002 in the US and Australia. With a few exceptions all songs on that album were new versions of the old TPF's hits.They were recorded for David Cassidy's biopic by the original band from the 70s , in the original , old studio . Mike Melvoin said : 'It was like everybody put themselves back in time and relieved that moment.' So let's listen to 51 year old David Cassidy singing his first and the biggest hit 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuIJM5BFPo&list=PLWcJ94kdcJREhTlTSFwatdjEC58Ohq14j

Then & Now 2021 , I think that like DC's album, this event  will  be also about the past and the present. The story of David Cassidy's life is over , nothing could last forever , but we can learn a lot from his life's experiences , and also do sth good in his memory .

 Two  special guests  will be present, men who were DC's friends for many years , and I hope they will share  with us some precious memories. Two men , who for us , DC's fans are also like friends. We've read a lot about their friendship with David, they took part in several documentaries on him. A famous photographer Henry Diltz , and this other man, a long - life  friend who  met David   at school , many years ago, actually  the same year that  I was born. This is a link to the video with Henry Diltz who is talking about DC and that famous  cover of The Higher They Climb, and last but not least you can see also some great pics and fragments of  amazing videos with David Cassidy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx7XrSqpQPk

Sam Hyman. That second guest. It's amazing how much we know about that stranger. How he looked like at school , in the 70s he had his own column in Tiger Beat , and wrote for us about  David. And later DC wrote about Sam in his autobiography...

When I was in the US in 2019 , I had a crazy plan to go to Sam's restaurant. I had an address . Rim Talay Thai Restaurant , at Oceanside , California. On August 26th , 2012 David was there celebrating 50 years of friendship with Sam. I checked everything on Internet, I knew how the restaurant looked like , that it was located just two short blocks from the beach. And I knew that one day I would be very near this place. It was a coach tour, and on the last day before going home to Poland, we had a short trip from Los Angeles to San Diego. I knew that at  one intersection I would be just 5 km from Sam's restaurant. And I wanted to tell our guide that I was leaving the group, and they would pick me up  on their way back  to LA , 5 hours later. It'd be enough  time to walk those 5 km, spend some time at the restaurant , maybe meet Sam and be back..

 .Henry and David again, this time in 1978..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTPDRzGcEI

So I had a plan, but during those 16 days we were together in the US , I made some very good new friends (there were about 40 people on that trip) and they persuaded me to spend this last day with them in San Diego..And I agreed, and we had a great time together..but I'm afraid I will never be in California again.

So this is ' Then ' , Henry and Sam , and 'Now' will be I Think I Love You Animal Foundation , because as co-founder and also DC's friend , Gary Contessa said : ' By honoring his memory in this way we are carrying on his genuine love for horses and his desire to see them all have the care they deserve along after their racing career is over.' 5 rare photos of David Cassidy with animals , made and signed by Henry Diltz will be auctioned with the bidding starting live on the show. 

https://www.ithinkiloveyou.org/

Friday , July9th , 7 p.m EDT. For me it will be the next day , Saturday , July10th , 1 a.m..but I want to meet Sam Hyman at last , even only on line.


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/Amerikaanse_pop_en_TV-ster_David_Cassidy_bij_vliegtuig_-_NA_-_925-8637.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'