Get It Up For Love /Ned Doheny

Ned Doheny. Another underrated songwriter, singer and guitarist, and very handsome and sexy man. From Malibu, born in 1948. He wrote this really great song in 1974, and he played as a session musician on DC's RCA albums. But David wasn't the first one who released it. This is the original version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aReu4CpRqcA

And Ned himself recorded it in 1976, for his second solo album called Hard Candy. And I tell you that this is a great album, all  songs were written by Ned himself, he had fantastic  session musicians in the studio, and some interesting friends on backing vocals - Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Linda Rondstadt. I love Ned's version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwouzFuEMKI&t=109s

Amazing, what a feeling.

The David Cassidy's version. I've read many times that his song was banned by BBC, because of  'the sugestive, provocative title'. I like checking everything myself  so I've checked some lists of banned songs, and I haven't found it on them. But of course it doesn't mean anything, David's songs are very often ommited on many lists and maybe we should do something about it, eg editing Wikipedia pages. Anyway his version of that song was a killer track, it should have been a great hit. He performed it for completely unmoved and indifferent audience on July 5th, 1975, in Germany. If I were there..but I was only 13 and lived , not so far away actually, but it was behind The Iron Curtain..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wxWfV5QQvM

A fabulous song and David's performance..so full of passion, just ..irresistible..Amazing.

The double A-sided single, I Write The Songs/Get It Up For Love was released only as a single in England and Europe. The UK single reached no 11 on the charts on July 26th, 1975, to the day 46 years ago, and was on the charts for 9 weeks.

One other version, quite popular, from 1979, Tata Vega.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvquQKJX90

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'