I Think I Love You Animal Foundation and..Centaurus.

I was really afraid that I wasn't be able to listen to the Virtual  Fundrising event last night. ITILY Animal Foundation and those special guests, David Cassidy's friends. Very late hour , 1am for me , and 12 hours later I was to be (at my best) at the very important family event..And the weather. All day long on Friday it was very hot and sauna like , and suddenly about 7pm it got dark, a very strong wind began to blow, torrential rain, a powerful storm. And because I live in a forest , very often a storm means no electricity..I set an alarm clock on 1 a.m. and went to sleep (I can sleep in every conditions) , when I woke up, the weather was the same , but the electricity was still there. I started watching on You Tube, but only about 30 people were there , so I switched on FB. More fans , a lot of comments , those who missed the event can watched it  here.


So was it worth it ? Yes , of course. First of all it was very moving to watch and listen with other fans from all over the world , America, Europe, Australia, Asia , share comments and know that there are still a lot of fans who care and remember. The event was hosted by Rick Seagall , first we could listen to Barb Schlamp Collentine from David Cassidy Virtual Fan Club, and Gary Contessa , a famous horse trainer, co-founder and the director of ITILY Animal Foundation, but first of all a very close David Cassidy's friend. He said about DC : 'a rock star who wanted to be a horse trainer' , he also told us about 1993 fender jazz guitar , signed by David Cassidy , which Gary donated to the Foundation. Gary Contessa is a good bass player and several times he appeared on stage with David..Amazing..Here is DC at the bar in Saratoga Springs , helping the Piano Man..


And those two other guests, they haven't seen each other since..1974. Henry Diltz and Sam Hyman , David Cassidy's friends. That was so moving listening to their conversation..those precious memories  , Laurel Canyon , dogs, the World Tour 1974, Elton John performing with David in New Zealand, Sam watching with Evelyn Ward DC's MSG's concert..Caribou Ranch Studio, Hawaii..they asked questions..why DC's music was not played on the radio..and that David was not only so talented and handsome, but first of all he had a beautiful soul, he was caring and kind..Sam Hyman looked fantastic and a very happy man, it was great to see it..

I don't know if I will donate or take part in an auction , there are some reasons, I'm (and my sister) a supporter of a Polish charity (it's called Centaurus) which rescued  many horses from being taken to slaughter. I'm very sorry to say that , but Poland is an important exporter of horses. There is a strong movement here against it ..but still about 25 000 horses every year..It's just difficult to write about it. It's because of David (and my sister) that I've started to help really seriously.
I think that there are a lot of things each fan can do , to help and rescue ..NOW. It really makes a difference , every little thing helps. This is another David Cassidy's legacy.

PS. One correction - Barb Schlamp Collentine is of course the President of the I Think I Love You Animal Foundation and that's why she was at the beginning at the virtual event explaining the Foundation's mission. She is also the organizer of DC Virtual Fan Club. 


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/2015.10_-_Konie_%2813%29.jpg

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'