The Cassidy Connections (once more)

 

There are two reasons that I'm writing about  Louise Poynton's podcast again 

 1. The Cassidy Connections  is just priceless . Each guest , each conversation is like meeting a new friend who wants to share some amazing stories with us. For me it's also a source of new info.

2. Don't ask me why , because I don't know , it was a pure accident , but I've removed the first post on Louise's podcast, published on my blog on June 16th. It was 2 days ago, a crazy day for me , in a hurry all the time , and every 5 free minutes I spend working on my blog's new design..And..it's happened, and because I haven't saved it, that post has gone forever..

But I really believe that every cloud has silver lining , and for me it's an opportunity to write about The Cassidy Connections again

https://thedavidcassidyconnections.libsyn.com/

In that first post Ive written how I've enjoyed listening to Philip Clark's story, and now I want to write about a conversation with a woman who is also a fan and a musician (besides other things)  , and who wrote , in the late 80s , that moving and beautiful song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwHIBGaj8Lg

Ruth McCartney, born in 1960, Sir Paul's little stepsister. And she's said that this song is not about lovers, this is about John and Julian Lennon's relationship.

I love the Beatles. In the 70s , like countless millions all over the world , I was learning English on their songs  which I loved ,and I managed to watch 3 The Beatles films . It was a special screening of their films at a Warsaw cinema , in 1978 I think , we had (me , my boyfriend and our friend ) for 3 hours stand in a very long and nervous queue for tickets. It was the only opportunity to see those films in the 70s. And I remember that day when at last we watched 'A Hard Day's Night' , such an excitemnent , I loved every minute of it..The music, John, Paul , George and Ringo and London..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbg8T9r1DiQ

Amazing , still so fresh after soo many years. And I loved Paul's music in the 70s, 'Live And Let Die' and ' Band On The Run' and especially that masterpiece :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH6v9JS26xc

But let's return to Louise's conversation with Ruth. She really could tell a story. She was 4 when her mother married Paul's father , and she shared with us a lot of memories about The Beatles, how she met 22 year Paul for the first time and told him :'You are my cousin's wallpaper !' . How it was to be a popular girl at school bc of her stepbrother, about mails from fans , how Jimi Hendrix arrived one day unannounced on the doorstep , amazing stories.

 And about David Cassidy. Ruth was a fan , a mad one, from the first TPF's episode. When DC was in London in March 1973 . she begged Paul to phone David who stayed at The Dorchester.That's really something ,what a story. David Jackson.You should listen for yourself , Ruth is great. She saw David in concert for the first time in Manchester , in 1974. In the 80s she met DC in a lift, she didn't faint , like many could , but instead started talking : 'David Bruce Cassidy, born in New York , on April12th..' and all other details a true fan knew by heart..And he remembered that phone call from someone who'd pretended to be Paul McCartney. She took David immediately home to meet her mother.

https://thedavidcassidyconnections.libsyn.com/in-conversation-with-ruth-mccartney-about-the-beatles-and-close-friend-david-cassidy

They became close friends. Ruth set  and run  DC's first website. She's shared with us not only funny memories. That DC parents' divorce 'shocked him to the core' and David never got over it. He never believed that people really loved him, even fans. 'Do they really love me?'  And that this fear of rejection also affected his career. A fascinating conversation.






https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/David_Cassidy_op_Schiphol%2C_Bestanddeelnr_926-2560_%28cropped%29.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'