Blood Brothers and Petula Clark

 Maybe because the weather has changed..and I can feel that this is the end of summer,  I've been very moved while listening to DC radio interviews from 1994 and 1995 . David Cassidy talking about Blood Brothers, his career and his fans..

The first interview is from October 17, 1994 (WSNY 94.7 FM  Columbus, Ohio), DC in the evening was to perform in Blood Brothers that day ( an opening night in Columbus)..The broadcast was live, rather early in the morning, DC was tired, after 7 weeks of touring. This is just a raw recording  of that programme, with adverts, nothing was edited etc..so I've felt like listening to a live broadcast not to the old recording of sth what happened  27 years ago..From the 12th minute DC started talking with listeners..and this is really incredible and so moving, that bond he had with  fans..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/Radio1994October17.mp3

At the first part of that interview he told about the history of 'Blood Brothers', and I'm always amazed by David's knowledge of music and pop culture. And he also talked a lot about Petula Clark, their friendship and her career and I didn't know that she started performing  so early,  that she was 18 years older than DC..and truly speaking I've had no idea how amazing artist she was and still is, what an incredible career .And what a fantastic , fabulous voice.  This is Petula on Ed Sullivan Show, 1967..Wow, just listen to her..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDO7HPqPwSg

I wish I could have seen Petula Clark and David Cassidy in Blood Brothers..

The second interview is from December 11, 1995 (Kaleidoscope on BBC Radio 4) when David performed in Blood Brothers in London. Of course there are more English radio and tv interviews from December 1995, but I really like this one, with 2 short but moving fragments from the musical..and 'How Can I Be Sure'..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/Radio1995Dec11_Kaleidoscope_BBC4.mp3

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/London_Phoenix_Theatre_2007.jpg


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'