David Cassidy On The Radio.. or Are You Learning A Lot About David You Perhaps Never Knew?

A very long title, but recently I've been asked such a question. "Are you learning a lot about David Cassidy while writing your blog ? Something new?' And I remembered that question while listening to David's radio interviews. The answer is yes..and no. First of all..I've never realized that being a star is so boring. Like..being a teacher. I was a teacher in the 90s so I know. And I only taught four classes, but the same in each one, and my pupils were very bored like me...very smart 15 year old boys. I had enough after 1 week, but I had to work, and it became such a stress that I started having serious health problems because of it and later had ...gall bladder operation..Sounds familliar ? And I was a teacher only for 5 months. 5 months of stress and boredom..

Even writing about my school career is stressful so let's listen to some music first. I don't think I've written about this beautiful TPF's song so far..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utV6giIxkcw

Telling your story all over again..Schools, part time job, Broadway debut, tv roles, Keith Partridge, and even harder about lost identity and stress, harder because he knew that not everybody was convinced. Really? Being a teen idol was so unpleasant?  And what about fame, money and women? He also had to adapt to his interlocutors, some genuinely wanted to know something about him, some didn't or even made fun out of him..He had to adapt..like when he was on Howard Stern Radio Show in 1991..But today  I want to write about some of the 80's interviews.

 In the 80s was a new David Cassidy. He was older of course, more serious, very sophisticated, and the way he spoke..amazing diction and pronunciation..his voice became deeper, so sensual.. Mature and very eloquent..David Cassidy, the actor. There are some very interesting Canadian radio interviews from 1982  when he  performed in Calgary (Tribute) and the next year when he promoted 'Joseph' . So have I learnt something new about David Cassidy? Not very much..but I smiled when he said that in Australia in 1974 he performed together with Elton John that great hit..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wEWSUUsUc

Can you imagine..no wonder David lost his voice..

There are also 2 Germans radio interviews from 1985 (February and March), before 'Romance' was released, and he was asked about touring Europe..And that is a very  interesting question why he didn't after the UK tour...Last Kiss and She Knows All About Boys were hits not only in Britain, and David Cassidy had a lot of fans in Holland and Germany..Of course, we know about 'Arista' etc..that his album had no promotion, but the UK tour was amazing and such a great success. He performed in sold-out big halls, was enthusiastically received, played old hits and new songs, and when we watch Albert Hall concert we can only admire his commitment, the scale and range of his fabulous voice, stage presence, energy , sex appeal and also his authentic joy and happiness, to give and receive love..So why he didn't tour more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB5TLFN79AI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'