I Think I Love You Part 2

 I wonder what would have  happened if someone else had sung that song in 1970, not David..He wrote in his autobiography : "Among the few songs we recorded at the very first session was ITILY. When they played that back in the studio, it was the first time I'd ever heard a vocal of mine on tape..(..) Playing the harpischord for us on ITILY was Larry Knechtel, who had played piano on Bridge Over Troubled Water (..) I remember him breaking up laughing during the harpsichord solo when we recorded ITILY. I have no idea what was so funny, but they managed to filter or edit it somehow (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

Billboard HOT 100 on November21st 1970 - 1. The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You ( last week - 4,  weeks on chart - 7) , 2. Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun, 3. Jackson 5 - I'll Be There...11.Joe Cocker - Cry Me a River...14. Free - All Right Now...23. The Kinks - Lola...25. Christie - 'Yellow River..40. Santana - Black Magic Woman...54. B.B. King - Chains and Things...83. Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song..

The original track altered by John Gomolka to reflect David's true voice..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/DiscographyPages/I%20Think%20I%20Love%20You_JohnGomolkaVersion.mp3

I wonder what DC'd thought about the Billboard HOT 100..In the 70s he didn't play ITILY often live. What a shame we don't have all set lists on the DC website, just a few. Eg. nearly 50 years ago, on August 14th, 1971, at Garden State Arts Centre, Holmdel, N.J. concert, he played TPF's hits (including Doesn't Sb Want To Be Wanted) but not ITILY. His last performed song (at each concert) in the 70s was Cherish, and later, especially in 1974, Rock Me Baby. We don't have set lists for Empire Pool, Wembley concerts, maybe someone remembers..In 1985 - not at every concert, the same in the 90s..And only in the 21st century it has changed. With each passing year I Think I Love You became more and more important...for the fans and for him..They sang together about love .'.there is no cure for..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q40oJk4LdTQ

Hans Peters / Anefo, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'