The Everly Brothers..and David and Glen..

 I've known these songs..forever. They were often played on our radio when I was a kid. So sweet, beautiful voices singing about..I had no idea about what, I didn't know English at all..but I knew that they were singing about love..Like this one 'Let It Be Me'..btw it's a cover of a French song from 1955, written by Gilbert Becaud..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKYDCSjnAIU

Have you heard those screams? They were teen idols for a while..Isaac Donald 'Don' Everly (1937 - August 21, 2021) and Philip 'Phil' Everly (1939 - 2014 ). The Everly Brothers..Their first hit song came in 1957 - 'Bye Bye Love' , later ' Wake Up Little Susie' , 'All I Have To Do Is Dream'..The brothers toured with Buddy Holly in 1957 and 1958. They were the most popular in the late 50s and very early 60s..Later there were a lot of problems, drugs, both of them  addicted,  they couldn't stand each other. David Cassidy told how once, at the beginning of his career, he rode in the same limousine with Dan and Phil. David was sitting between them, and they didn't talk and  look at each other. At  their last concert in 1973, during the show, Phil smashed the guitar and walked off, leaving Dan to finish the show without him..

The Partridge Family 'Crying in the Rain' (The Everly Brothers' cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNrTX8fv6w

The Everly Brothers' legacy..They influenced the greatest - The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Bee Gees..They were among the first 10 artists inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame..Don Everly : 'We did what we liked and followed our insticts. Rock'n'roll did survive, and we were right about that. Country did survive, and we were right about that. You can mix the two but people said we couldn't.'

David Cassidy and Glen Campbell singing The Everly Brothers' hits..October24, 1971..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df4l7k4Tw4I

I'm  leaving David Cassidy and my blog for about 10 days..Some hiking in the mountains..Happy Trails..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'