The Partridge Family Sound Magazine Part 2

 Echo Valley 2-6809..a boy tries to reach his long lost love and gets an out of service message. So many David's songs were so sad, even if he was smiling singing them.The lyrics of that song written by Rupert Holmes and Kathy Cooper are really beautiful..All of us know such telephone numbers which once were so important ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmrt8E3WE8

In the 21st century when he performed that song sometimes DC asked fans for a cell phone. From Carol's review, June9,2007, House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ, davidcassidy.com :

'During Echo Valley, David took the phone from Donna, who was absolutely jumping up and down in her seat.with excitement. After the song he pretended to be talking to Donna's mom, and as he handed the phone back to her he said : 'Tell mom sorry'. Janie had to litteraly PUSH Donna to take the phone back, because Donna was frozen there, just staring at David not moving!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBJ1av9pVk

Yes, there were two songs on that video, both great hits from 'Sound Magazine'. Summer Days, written by great Tony Romeo .The first song on Side 2. What an opening! 'This is the perfect pop mastepiece and one of the most underrated  songs of all time. Starting with harpsichords and brass, it quickly seques into a song about longing for summer days of long ago and young love, Soaring backgrounds vocals really push this one into the stratosphere. I'm not overestimating when I say this song along 'Good Vibrations' is one of the pop songs of all time in my opinion' (tapeheads.net) Wow..I absolutely agree, and I think I prefer TPF's version to DC's own from his 'Dreams Are Nuthin' More Than Wishes'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtAv3gY8iLo

And the last one, I think my favourite from that album , so difficult to chose, but this is something magical in this song..the music and lyrics, a great song to sing along ( I sing it very often with David). Written by Bobby Hart and Jack Keller, 'I'm On My Way Back Home'. So uplifting, so positive, always makes me happy and I smile listening to it.. Yes, it should have been a great hit. And David's performance is in a class of his own..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSExKeJlc3Q

to be continued..

Comments

  1. Your blog is a gem and I don't know what else to say ... 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to say either. Thank you, I'm so happy you enjoy reading it. DC's life was so interesting and I love his music, it's a pleasure to write about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'