The Partridge Family Sound Magazine Part 3

 'Rainmaker'. There is sth really unusual about that song. Written by very prolific trio, Wes Farrell, Jim Cretecos and Mike Appel, at first glance (hearing) is just another song about a girl who doesn't want to stay with Keith (really those girls were strange), but when you listen to it carefully, it's not just pop, but also rock, and I can swear that I can hear a trace of...'Hush' in it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGwvvqrRal4

There are some reviews of Sound Magazine on Amazon, written by fans, this is a fragment of my favourite one, (USA, Sep30, 2016) :

" - 'Seriously Dad? WTH, The Partridge Family?' asked my 18 year old son when he saw DC on my desk. I said yes, The Partridge Family. Then I popped in  the CD player, turned it play up, told him just to shut up and listen..(..) He was shocked. He couldn't believe the quality of those songs and he told me he didn't know that this music was so good. He learned a secret I've known for 40 years (..) David Cassidy can not only sing, but he was one of the best singers in that era and honestly may have one of the best pop voices ever'.

 Wow! Another favourite from that album..24 Hours a Day'. We know we love you too, David..This one is so addictive..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1cfYEviQVE

Tony Romeo wrote three songs for Sound Magazine. 'Summer Days', 'I Would Have Loved You Anyway' and 'You Don't Have To Tell Me'.  Tony Romeo..What a shame there is not much info about him..After The Partridge Family, he recorded some songs himself, he tried to be a solo artist several times in his life, but nothing came of it, Later, he wrote popular songs for Lou Christie and Diana Trask. He was also an recording engineer, producer, arranger..

'You Don't Have To Tell Me', another great DC's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSipwc3kKlE

.'Brown Eyes', Wes Farrell again, with Danny Janssen this time. I have a trouble with this one. I know it's one of the favouirte with fans, and of course David did what he could, but for me this is a track filler, lyrics..another very typical love song. We like it because we love the way David was singing it on the set of TPF, but this is not a very good song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQJlr1oTP1E&t=17s

And finally one more review of Sound Magazine (USA, 2016) : 'The musicianship is tight, and boy, can David sing. He was very underrated as a vocalist, all anyone ever focused on was his teen idol status. I believe his voice would be considered a tenor and he was at full strength on this collection, very strong. Excellent harmonies, like usual.

  This one is a must -have.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMtpfUocvdI


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'