'We Only Ask The Questions..'

 I've once roughly counted David Cassidy's tv appearances as a guest star. More than 600. The first video we have is from May 1970, The Dating Game.Very young DC (pretending to be so shy with girls)  and three really glamorous ladies..The last interview is from March 2017.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/2017Nov22ExtraTV.html

And sometimes on YT appears a new video no one has ever seen before, or an old one but of a better quality. Yes, it's a problem, a lot of them are not good and I think there are some programs we can use to improve quality of those old videos. Anyway, this one has appeared this year, and I've had a pleasure of taking screen shots of it.

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/TvFilmPages/1985Oct23_GoodMorningAmerica.html

During those years David Cassidy was interviewed by many very known journalists and tv personalities - Michael Barratt, Michael Aspel, Russel Harty, Geraldo Rivera, Dinah Shore, Merv Griffin, Gloria Hunniford, Johnatan Ross, Mike Read, Arsenio Hall, Regis Philbin  and Kathie Lee Gifford, Joan Rivers, Conan O'Brien, Selina Scott, Greg Kinnear, Rosie O'Dnonell, Ophrah Winfrey and many more.

It's fascinating watching how David was learning on the way. At the beginning he was shy and very polite, sometimes tired or bored because of the same questions all over again. We can see how he tries to concentrate during that interview in Holland in 1973 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yVWaFo7n5w&t=190s

Later it became another acting job, a lot of PR, that was important part of his career, promotion of his work, something he had to do, and many times he had to say things that were written for him by someone else, and sometimes he didn't like those scripts, but that was showbusiness and c'mon get happy. Some journalists  really wanted to get to know him better, and they appreciated his work. I like that one - David interviewed in 1994 by one of my fav American actors (and DC fan), Greg Kinnear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBpRWX63d6Q

I started really watching all those videos after November 2017, but I had already known some of them. When I was still working (I stopped in 2016), my every working day begun with a cup of coffee and..reading Daily Mail online. (I was very bored with my job and tried very hard to be fired,)

 They really loved writing about David Cassidy on Daily Mail. There were very long articles  every time  he was caught driving under the influence, or about his divorce and a new woman by his side, bankruptcy or when he had to sell his house.And each time I was thinking to myself  - 'Leave him alone' , I was so sorry for David, even that at the time I still wasn't a real fan, and those articles..it was like kicking a man who was already down. But one day I became very angry. You know what I'm talking about..at the end Eamonn Holmes said - 'We only ask the questions..' Really..? After that I stopped for a while reading English press at all..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/David_Cassidy_op_Schiphol_-_NA_-_926-2559.jpg


Comments

  1. Since that man interviewed David, I refused to watch anything he is on. Mr Holmes was rude, mean, and horrid, anyone could see David was not well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'