'We Still Cherish Him Decades Later'


 Oh yes, we will cherish DC to the rest of our days..One fan's said that on Louise Poynton's podcast. Those fans' stories are so moving.. And today, is the first anniversary of The David Cassidy Connections. Happy Birthday! So let's first listen to Cherish..I must confess that I haven't been   impressed by that song for many years . Without any reason, we all have our fav songs. Of course I know how important this song is for fans.. and   I really love the way DC performed it in 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCt9WMts1A8

I think that everything is important, every little thing fans do for David Cassidy, his legacy and his memory. We should think about the future, time goes like crazy, we are not younger, there are not new fans, and I know that there are quite a lot of former fans who have  forgotten  David, don't listen to his music any longer, and they have got rid off those old posters, magazines, even albums..And on the other hand for some fans DC became a kind of..a guardian angel, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against it, it's quite a nice thought actually that he is somewhere, his spirit, even if I know that this is only our collective memories so to speak. a lot of people have felt his presence in Synon Park..me too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTk8CgLbcQc

So we should preserve his legacy, and fans do what they can. They gather money for plaques, make videos, write to newspapers, organize meetings, draw and paint David's portraits..we all wait for David's star in Las Vegas next year. 

Louise Poynton has written and edited that amazing book 'Cherish' and she invites so many interesting guests on her podcast. I just can't find words to describe how those conversations are important. Her podcast is like a very interesting library, our own, it belongs to us, DC's fans. It won't disappear, it will be forever. And we should remember that we don't have a lot of time, each year we lose someone..Bernard Slade and Hal Blaine died in 2019, Paul Junger Witt in 2018..I'd love to hear Louise talking with Kim Carnes and her husband, Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell and of course Elliot Silverstein, yes he still lives, born in 1927, I'd love to hear his memories..And  Keith's Atack and his brother Tim..and David and Andy Williams, Bill House, Elliot Mintz, Mark Hamill, Bruce Johnston, and Timm McCoy, and  Terri Cote and Frank Fabio and Craig J. Snider.. and  fans..and many more..

Thank you so much Louise. We are very grateful. ( and waiting for more)

https://thedavidcassidyconnections.libsyn.com/compilation-anniversary-special

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'