Being Together / Tony Romeo

 Being Together ..that was the title of my first  post, published in December 2020.  Actually my blog is called 'David Cassidy Being Together' and when I was thinking about the best name for it, 'Being Together' seemed to me the best idea, we fans, being together, talking about David Cassidy, his life, music and his legacy. But first of all, this is the title of a  great song, written by that forgotten genius, Tony Romeo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCpbdtwQac

Wonderful, the music, the lyrics and David's singing. I thought about that song while reading 'Cherish.', Louise Poynton's book, last night. After yesterday's post about Danny Calvagna, she remainded me, that his memories are in her book ( page 193), in the section 'The David Effect'. And of course I've read more, a lot more, thinking about the impact DC had (and still has) on our lives. We have different backgrounds, age, experiences, a lot of things, but on the other hand there are  so many similiarities..David Cassidy experience..

Another great song from 'Cherish'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCpbdtwQac

There was something Danny Calvagna wrote what struck a chord with me. That when he was 15 in 1970, and in a band, it wasn't cool to play The Partridge Family songs, and that he didn't say anybody that he wanted to be David Cassidy 'He was a guilty pleasure. A voice that I wished that I had'. And David Cassidy was a guilty pleasure for me too. I wasn't in a band, but I knew a lot of boys who were, my boy-friend's best pals, and I would have sooner died than admit that I'd loved David Cassidy and his voice. Those boys wore black t-shirts, jeans, battle dress jackets..The Police, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Joy Division..that was cool...

Danny Calvagna found a way to thank David Cassidy for so many wonderful memories, he played his music, brought joy and happiness. I write a blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumquQrK6mo


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/David_Cassidy_op_Schiphol%2C_Bestanddeelnr_926-2560_%28cropped%29.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'