Brand New Me / Wes Farrell, Eddie Singleton

 First the song, the first track from the first The Partridge Family album..John Gomolka's version (DC's true voice)

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/DiscographyPages/Brand%20New%20Me_JohnGomolkaVersion.mp3

I can imagine Wes Farrell listening to young David Cassidy for the first time..'BINGO!!..So beautiful, so talented, and  mine only..'

The recording session of that particular song - August 5th, 1970,  but I wish I knew the exact release date  of that first album, called 'The Partridge Family Album'. On the DC website - December 1970, of course too late ; on cmongethappy.com - November..I've read somewhere that it was September. While I was writing my book on DC, in 2018, I found a short review from Billlboard Magazine, October 10th, 1970 : ' Having made their TV debut, TPF featuring Shirley Jones and David Cassidy made their album debut. They have a well blended sound, and the impact on the tv series is sure to bolster their LP.'. That day, on October 10th, 'I Think I Love You' was number 75th on the Billboard HOT 100..

https://books.google.pl/books?id=jCkEAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=pl&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=The%20Partridge%20Family&f=false

The album entered the charts on October 31st, 1970, spent a total of 68 weeks on the Billboard 200, peak position - 4, on January 2nd, 1971..

Wes Farrell co- wrote two songs with Eddie Singleton for that first TPF album - 'Brand New Me' and "Bandala'. I love that first song so much,  I've checked that other guy, Eddie Singleton (1936-2008), he wrote some very exciting soul music in the late 50s and in the 60s, he was also a producer and quite a good singer himself..'Brand New Me'..this is something irresistible about that song, so charming and cool, music and lyrics alike..warm heart..tender lips..foolin' around..like most of TPF's songs  lyrics for adults, not for kids..And David..the way he looked..timeless..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7H4MG3lEE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'