David Cassidy Conversation With Piers Morgan

 David Cassidy still evokes strong emotions. In spite of the message - 'love and light', 'be kind..' etc, we fans are not one very happy family. Truly speaking I like when people have different opinions, of course they should respect each other . And recently I've had another conversation (this is a never ending story really) about why we (middle aged women mostly), still cherish David Cassidy's young pics and why I write so much about his career in the 70s.

What to say. Yes, it can look strange. I have quite a lot of DC's pics in my room. Mostly David in his twenties, photos made 40 or even 50 years ago. I have  his giant, original poster. And I'm not a 14 year old girl, on the contrary. A grandmother actually, a former teacher and librarian. Even my 3 year old grandson knows David Cassidy. I prefer to think that there is nothing wrong with those pics, they are just very nice, make me smile every day and that David Cassidy is a kind of ..hobby. I didn't know him, there is nothing personal, he was just sooooo beautiful ..and his voice in the 70s...magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQyGEhX3Qd4

 I love his music from every decade, he could sing everything, every genre, he was an amazing performer. I write not only about the 70s and I try to be objective, but sure I avoid writing about those difficult last years. They are still painful to write about, but of course very important  part of DC legacy. And that conversation with Piers Morgan.. for David it meant a lot and is absolutely amazing, even if difficult to watch.

I know that Piers Morgan could be controversial, he is not afraid to speak his mind, I think  he was great while talking with David, he tried to understand and helped DC who wanted to be honest with himself.

Piers Morgan put a link to that interview and wrote on Twitter on November22nd, 2017 : ' RIP David Cassidy. Teen superstar, troubled adult & lovely but very complex man. This was my heart rending interview with him in 2014 about his lengthy battle with alcohol addiction. He says it all, with courage, honesty & humour'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlVjcuWDRj8&t=1048s

Just half an hour, but difficult to wach at once, in one take. Watching David talking about such personal things, so helpless. But he wanted to tell about it, It was like taking us as witnesses that it would only get better now...but it didn't help..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'