'I Try To De-Mystify Myself. I'm Just a Human Being..'

 '..who happens to do rock-n- roll for a living' - David Cassidy told Billy Reed for The Courier Journal in September 1975. This article was published yesterday on the DC Official Website. But, he wasn't an average human being, he was a famous one. And it's happened that besides that article , I read yesterday another one about fame. Actually it was Jeremy Clarkson's book called 'If You'd Just Let Me Finish..'. I love Jeremy Clarkson writings, he has  wicked, surreal kind of humor, all articles in that book are from his Sunday Times column. Very funny, but not everything. Besides other things he wrote  about Amy Winehouse's documentary, and that time he was dead serious. He wrote : 'What killed Amy was something far more dangerous than alcohol. It was the same thing that killed Janis and Keith and Jim and all the others(..) : fame. (J.Clarkson, London, 2018)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy80bUKt54I

I remember when that song  was released, something so ..different, strange even, but so exciting, fresh and new. At the time I had no idea that David Bowie wrote it with the help of his guitarist Carlos Alomar and...John Lennon. Bowie met Lennon in 1974 and they talked a lot about the price of fame..Strange when you think that both of them invited DC to record something  together..If he had agreed ..he wouldn't have been regarded in popular opinion as just a former teen idol..But David Cassidy always did everything his own way..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hefeE3zAJ6Q

He told about the price of fame so many times, about his lost identity and pain, some people didn't believe him, sure so unhappy with all that money, women, adulation etc..But it needs just a little imagination to realize how difficult it was for someone like David Cassidy..I was so sorry for him reading  this for example:' I was so lonely, but never alone'..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/David_Cassidy_%281973%29.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'