'I Wouldn't Put Nothin' Over On You' / Wes Farrell, Danny Janssen and Bobby Hart

 Hi..another great holiday with David Cassidy's music, thanks to Timm McCoy and his DC Day 2018. This time I've been listening to it while walking on a  very empty, long and beautiful beach in Poland. The Baltic Sea is never very warm, even in summer, but I've come there for a few quiet days, and it was a great stay. And a very exciting journey from Warsaw, driving alone, highways and side roads,  about 1500km both ways, quite an adventure..I'm proud of myself (and my old Nissan Micra)

Timm McCoy ( btw I'd love to send him a present or just  let him know how his DC Day is important for me), anyway  Timm during his programme tells a few times something like that -' This is one of my fav DC's albums' or 'That song is one of my fav'..and again...'Oh, that's my fav version of this song'..But of course we say or write the same all the time, because we love nearly everything David Cassidy ever recorded. And I've listened to this TPF's  song several times during my last holiday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZRRekOYqk

It's  not a whole song, but I've wanted to give a link to that fragment of 'Miss Partridge, Teacher' where the family plays it together. I know of course that they were pretending, acting..but this is episode nr 92, first aired in February 1974,..filmed in 1973..They knew soon would be the end of TPF and they would go their own way..They had so many personal problems at the time..Shirley, Susan, Danny and David,..and Suzanne and Brian weren't young kids anymore..Maybe I'm very naive. but they look so happy being together and performing  that particular song..So once more, a full version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2fApouE5Go&t=10s

This  is  really something  extraordinary. A great song to sing along (  me on my empty beach for example) and to.. dance, a wonderful quickstep , a standard dance, brisk and light and elegant. Just amazing, how it's played and sung and the arrangement. Fabulous, a real gem. I love the lyrics. And David's interpretation, this is masterclass. He is certain he will be forgiven. 'it was just a misunderstanding',  and who could be angry with him? No one of course..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'