Time..David Cassidy and..Freddie Mercury.

 

This post will not be easy to write..

1. I'm not a fan of musicals, and I know what DC wrote and said about 'Time'

2. I know very well..Freddie Mercury's version of  'In My Defence'. It wasn't a hit when it was recorded for the 'Time' concept album ( October 1985 at Abbey Road)), but it was released as Freddie's  single, posthumously in 1992, reaching number 8 in the UK. Btw Freddie Mercury was born on September 5th, 1946. I specially chose a video when we can concentrate on listening to his voice not on watching him. It's great and powerful..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkLSkBewa3o

 It's not everything..Freddie recorded 2 songs for 'Time' concept album, written by Dave Clark, David Soames and Jeff Daniels - In My Defence and Time, and the video for that last song was made at the Dominion Theatre. What's more, his ever last live performence was at that theatre, in 'Time' on April 14th, 1988

That video was made at the Dominion too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1kFkEOEqo

And David Cassidy in 'Time'?.. A lot was written about that musical and David Cassidy's great performance in it, how fans were happy to see him on stage again. 'Express And Star', April 1987 :'Former pop idol, David Cassidy was showered with red roses at the end of his West End stage debut in the rock musical 'Time'. Cassidy was wolf-whistled and cheered at the end of the 3 hour production.'

David Cassidy: 'Because I was totally broke, I really needed that job. (..) They paid me a lot of money to do the play. I must say that even though it was a hit, I thought 'Time' was a bad play - no story really, no substance. It was just a poorly written star vehicle for anybody who could sing and had a little charisma.' (David Cassidy :' C'mon Get Happy..'. 1994)

David could sing beautifully and had a lot of charisma, it was his great success.

So let's listen to David Cassidy, 'In My Defence' , listen not watch,  please remember that it was performed live at London's Palladium, and it's a brilliant interpretation, mature and moving, a great actor singing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N4B2YwkXlI

Thank you Doreen Walker for your pics.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'