Warm My Soul /Joerey Ortiz

A song written by a teenager, sung twice by David Cassidy, but maybe first I will write about Joerey and his family. And it was a big family of Mexican and Native American origin, in entertainment for generations, and in the early 70s some of them (including Joerey) started playing in a band called 'Silverbird'. They released an album in 1971, 'Broken Treaties', and probably it was the first album by a Native American band to be released on a major record label (Capitol)

Wes Farrell even worked with that talented teen Joerey Ortiz, they recorded some demos,  nothing came out of this. But Joerey wrote a really good song. So for the first time - 'Warm My Soul' and David Cassidy with TPF..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIajU5K1PNE&t=25s

Interesting lyrics as for a teen. I've read somewhere, but I can't find now, that Joerey was 17 when writing it. This version was recorded for the 'Up To Date' album, but was rejected by Wes Farrell. I like more the other one, cut for David Cassidy's second solo album 'Rock Me Baby'. I'd love to move back in time and see  their parents' faces ..when they heard what their teenage daughters are listening to and what their idol sings about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3EPelsJpf8 

Great video, matching the song, sensual and sexy , and be sure to read the first very moving comment which was posted below it 3 years ago..In DC's solo version the lyrics are a little bit different..he is 'stoned' and asks not only to warm his soul but also to touch it, feel and want..David Cassidy, the singer for little girls..really..

TPF's version was released in 1998 by DC's own label, Slamajama. On that album, called David Cassidy's Partridge Family Favourites we can find other rejected by Wes Farrell songs. Two of them were written by very young David  - 'Mystical Lady' and one of my fav - 'Sweetness'. I love it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxoBSLVxZjY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'