David Cassidy Live..2016

It's started with an article. I've been looking for sth on the DC webiste and instead found this..And of course I've read a lot of such stories, DC being first crush bc of TPF, and later how it was being a fan of his  for all those years, seeing DC in concert, even at Madison Square Garden. But there was something in it which was very moving. The author, Lisa Finn, wrote that article the day before a DC concert at The Suffolk Theater in Riverhead, NY, in April 2016. 

She wrote : 'We've grown up together, we frenzied fans and our golden idol. We're different that we were all those years ago (..) older somewhat world weary. Not so easily delighted. But still, deep down, under all the polished layers and professional appearances, aren't we all still dancing, singing, screaming teeny boppers thrilled to our bones that David Cassidy is going to perform Friday night at the Suffolk Theater??''

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/Web2016April14.html

 I've read it and started thinking about DC..What about him, was he still , deep down a boy who loved making his fans happy ?? In 2016?.And there are videos from that concert on YT so we can check for ourselves .On this one : Happy Birthday for DC, On Broadway, Doesn't Sb..and I Woke Up In Love This Morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXtjmAQLYQ

And the second one : I'll Meet You Halfway, Night And Day..That was hard to watch knowing how he struggled in the fall of 2017 to sing those songs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNprL8Oq2s4

I always remember while watching DC playing concerts that it was his job. And I'd have gone crazy if I had to perform with a smile and energy 'I Can Feel Your Heartbeat' all over again..and ITILY. I never forget that for some years he didn't perform live not without reasons. In the 2010s he also had a lot of personal and health problems. DC said in 2015 - 'It becomes harder and harder to travel. I have arthritis in my lower back and also in my hands, which makes it difficult to play. But, I find a way to do it, I warm up a lot. I live in South Florida and travel across the country and back. It's a big deal for me.' 

 In 2016 he played 20 concerts, mostly at the East Coast -Maryland, Virginia, New York (state and the city), Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and also Missouri, Florida and California. New Jersey Performing Arts Centre, B.B. King Blues Club, Wolf Den..And that year he played at The Historic Suffolk Theater twice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGxN98FLok

C'mon Get Happy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'