Hollywood Nights / Bob Seger

The song performed by the author himself was released in 1978. Funny but I don't remember it from the 70s. Of course there was censorship in Poland and a lot of American music simply wasn't played on our radio, or with great delay, after a year or more, or never. The same was with books and films. I had no idea eg about 'Lord Of The Rings', 'Master and Margerita' or '1984', thousands of books were forbidden and they just weren't translated.  In 1977 I heard about 'Star Wars'  for example, that it was a great hit behind The Iron Curtain and had a sensational soundtrack, but the Polish premiere was in 1979 and you can't imagine how  difficult was to get tickets, the film was shown just for a while. I was very interested in music, but we were listening mostly to the British artists.1978 meant for me  Dire Straits and  The Police. And my boy friend kept playing me his fav English band over and over again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKCR7kQMTQ

Wow!..Amazing  and timeless..And Ian..The 70s..But let's return to David Cassidy and his career in LA.

I know I must have  been  very naive because when I started reading about DC and TPF, it's struck me as sth very strange that Hollywood was so small. I mean everyone knew everyone, it was a very small world of  directors, actors, script writers, producers, agents, journalists.  I've mentioned  Alan Oppenheimer recently, he was 3 times on TPF and with David on Ironside in 1969 ( here they are together from 3.56 min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzxTpNRVrMw&t=1131s

Or John Martin who was Shirley's love interest on 'When Mother Gets Married' in 1970 and earlier that same year  David's father on 'Marcus Welby'. or Vic Tayback - 3 TPF's episodes and later with DC on 'The Night The City Screamed'. Mel Swope - TPF, Police Story and Man Undercover's producer and his daughter appeared in one of TPF's episodes. Meredith Baxter in the late 70s was .. Susan Dey's sister in 'Little Women'..The list could go on and on.They went to the same schools, they met at the same auditions,  parties, really a small village Hollywood, a lot of gossip was going on and later those stories appeared in the press. A network of connections and acqauintances. For example everybody knew and it was written quite a lot about, that David and Meredith didn't meet on TPF's set. they met much earlier and that  he had a broken heart for quite a time...

DC's great, live version of Hollywood Nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWK2zs-D3jM

So what about this tale we heard so many times? Renee Valente (casting director TPF ) : Somebody had called to tell me about David Cassidy (..) What made David the right choice was he had the look. (..) I didn't know Shirley was David stepmother until just before a screen test. I thought David was so right for the part that I did something that I'd never done before. I said to David : ' We can't mention your relationship to anybody at the company.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

Once more Hollywood Nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5QTHSw15Ow



https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Encino%2C_Los_Angeles%2C_CA%2C_USA_-_panoramio_%28161%29.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'