Ricky, Sheesh, Kula, Bullseye and..Comet and Diesel.

David Cassidy :  'Ricky's Tune'  is my only composition on the album (Cherish). I recorded it not because it's a particulary good song but because it's dedicated to a dog I used to have. The dog died. It was the first time I'd written something alone (Hit Parader Magazine, November 1972)...It's a very good song. 

And let's first listen to it's acoustic version from 2004. David Cassidy very rearly performed his own songs wrote in the 70s after 2000. But Ricky's Tune was a very special  also for him. It's very moving to watch DC singing it in 2004, with such love and care, the magic is not spoiled by the fact that he sang twice the same, it doesn't matter. The most important is that we can listen so to speak  to the original version of that song, it was written that way, on an acoustic guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEU_kbileiY

DC about "Ricky's Tune' "The song just fell out of me. As soon as I wrote it I decided I was going to record it. I held on to it. I played it a few times on a tour, came back and booked a little eight-track studio. I also recorded two other songs I had written much earlier. I got a few musicians together, went in this little studio and played guitar and sang the demo. Alas, the tape no longer exist.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

So this is 'Ricky's Tune'  from 'Cherish'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkF3QUZhjo

There are a lot of David's pics from the 70s with his own dogs. Fans knew his dogs, their names. Fans cried with David when Sam/Ricky, his terrier died after a fight with another dog or when Kula, an English setter puppy died of distemper. DC loved dogs and dogs loved and trusted him. This is David on a Blue Peter programme in 1973  receiving presents from fans, also for his dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxJq6BJguZ4

October is a truly dog month in Poland. Maybe because it's usually the last not so cold month before winter. We have 'A Mongrel Day' on 25th, volunteers colect gifts for animal shelters - blankets, food, auctions are held for shelters to gather money, a lot going on at schools and local communities, there are programmes on the national tv..I'm a dog person, it runs in my family so to speak, there were a lot of dogs who shared their lives with us, so I think it's wonderful that fans in memory of David Cassidy sponsor dogs. Here is the link to In Honour Of David Cassidy - The Animal Charities and Legacy Trail.

https://www.facebook.com/davidcassidylegacytrail2/

Fans adopted  Diesel (you can see his pic at the top), a black Labrador puppy, who is being trained  to support people, to live their lives independently. And on the left there is Comet, a guide dog, adopted in memory of David Cassidy on the 4th Anniversary..And this is something what each of us can do..

Once again 'Ricky's Tune', this time dance party remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSKSxBhekYk

Thank you Pauline Tombs and Sharron Liddle for your support and info.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'