There'll Come A Time / David Cassidy

But first sth I've read about only today. Nothing important, but as you know I'm a huge America's  fan. And it's a very short note from Cash Box magazine from 12 July, 1975. It was published on the DC Official website - that DC during the America's  concert in Honolulu  was brought on stage by the group to join in singing 'Horse With No Name'. Wow ! I have no idea is it true or not, but I can imagine it. And Dan Peek left the group in May 1977..If only..Let's listen to David's and Gerry Beckley's song, one of my fav from 'Gettin It In The Street.. They should  have written and recorded more together..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWXx03VFVsY&t=146s

So 'There'll Come A Time'. DC wrote some songs for TPF, with and without Wes Farrell, and 3 of them appeared on TPF's albums,  co wrote with Wes - Lay It On The Line ( Up To Date, 1971), 'Love Is All That I Ever Needed' (Sound Magazine, 1971) and his own - 'There'll Come A Time' (Shopping Bag, 1972). 

DC wrote about that collaboration : 'During the four years I was recording TPF albums, I was never allowed to become the songwriter I should have been because of the control that Wes Farrell had. I did write a few songs on those albums, but I'd usually have to write with Wes (..) Part of the reason was money and at times I blamed Wes's ego, although he was good at what he did and I was young and inexperienced.' (David Cassidy : Could It Be Forever?, 2007)

That song DC wrote all by himself - music and lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsyUNt6G7-Q

Again he was smiling but those lyrics..I'm not a circus clown..The song was used for the episode "The Selling of the Partridges' (S3E23, aired March 9, 1973). Of course the storyline wasn't very original, had been used on other tv series, but I think the script was very good  and it was an opportunity for  DC to have sth more to act, sth more interesting.

When once my son-in-law asked me to show him 1 TPF episode I chose this one. He liked it and was disappointed that  this topic - Keith as the president of student-body at San Pueblo High, wasn't continued. Yes, me too. Also because of Holly Near, who played Phyllis Goldberg, later Holly became a very known activist, a songwriter, producer, actress,  but first of all a wonderful singer herself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CadP4dRemYk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'