A Letter To David..Encarni

This is quite an extraordinary post, and an example of the impact DC had and has on our lives. Just when I've been thinking what I'm going to write  to David Cassidy (as I've promised in my last blog), I've got a ready letter to publish today. A wonderful letter, very personal and very moving, interesting and also very uplifting in spite that we are all sad this weekend. I've been smiling while reading about that Spanish teenage girl, her dog and David Cassidy. And I know that it wasn't easy  for Encarni to write such a long letter in English. It's a true labour of love and I'm very happy that I can publish her letter on my blog, on November 20th..And also publish the link to the wonderful video made by another amazing Spanish lady, Araceli.

Thank you so much Encarni. Thank you David Cassidy, for inspiration..and for other things..


Dear David,

You've known me for a long time, although this is a secret...shhh. I have never written a letter to you, or do not remember, although I used to translate songs my way. I have never known English, so I would measure and count the syllables and look for words that sounded similar in Spanish. Listening and rewinding so many times..I remember having 'adapted' songs like 'Cherish', 'I Am a Clown', ' Mae'..now that I can translate them, I see that they are nothing alike. I still remember part of those letters that I wrote in a notebook. I bought an English dictionary when they sent me a letter from the UK fan club with that card I still have, your photos and a letter.

    David, I could never see you in concert, but I had you by my side every day, on that lonely and abandoned soccer field, where I used to go with my dog 'Pancho'. Do you remember him? You never missed your appointment, every day you would come by helicopter and tell me where in the world you had sung. Now I read that after your concerts you felt so lonely..it's not true, I was always with you.

You were in my life when I needed you the most, you were the reason why I decided to move on, it is curious that there are so many cases similar to mine, of people you simply helped to live. You came to Spain just to record a television program , although you had time to have fun in a 'tablao flamenco' and to ski in Navacerrada. I have tried to get the video of that performance, I have asked the archive of Spanish Television, even professionals of the time, I suppose they will be much older..in the archive they told me that it didn't exist .I detailed the program and the date of emission..frustrating..I think they didn't even look for it, it can't be that it doesn't exist, it will be inside one of those dusty cans. 

( the link to the video - David Cassidy in Spain)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzhmobS8BtY

That parallel world that I invented for you was the one that helped me go from adolescence to 'real life'. After your performance on TVE, I started working and developing myself, I kept listening to your music, your first three solo albums. I still have them on cassette. But nothing else came from you to Spain..the last I knew was that you were married for the first time. Afterwards, I think the last time I saw you on television was in an episode of 'The Love Boat', you were so changed..

Now, thanks to the internet, I have discovered your fabulous musical and acting career and how cruel life was with you. And I'm sorry I wasn't by your side like you were at mine when I needed you. I feel that I have arrived too late..I wish I had looked for you much earlier. I see your brother Shaun, how he communicates with his followers, on some occasions I commented to him and he answered me..and it's inevitable to think that he could have done the same with you. You left too early and left an army of followers crying inconsolably. David, our mission now is to maintain your legacy and pass it on to new generations.

I love you, you already know that, and I know that now you will be calm, perhaps you have even gotten along with your father. Your message of Light and Love is the one that will always accompany me, because at the end of the road we will meet again and as at that old football field, we will look into each other's eyes and hug each other.

Goodbye, my David..

        Encarni



Comments

  1. Thank you for posting it! I don't write in English, google translates everything ... fortunately. The letter is very personal but I felt the need to share it with you and all your followers ..., and with David. We are all sad, but his light continues to shine. A kiss, Weronika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Encarni, your letter has made me smile, such a great, uplifting and also magical story, and thanks also for that wonderful photo. And writing about DC in Spain. A kiss too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'