Girl, You Make My Day / Tommy Boyce, Bobby Hart

 

Or rather Jay Gruska, you've made my day!!!

It was just a few days ago when I wrote a blog about the longer lyrics version of Man Undercover's theme song, and that I'd sent an email to Jay Gruska.This is the blog..

https://talkingaboutdavid.blogspot.com/2021/11/david-cassidy-man-undercover.html

And this is  my email

Dear Sir, 
My name is Weronika Cyrynger and I'm David Cassidy's fan from Poland. Since December 2020 I've been writing quite a popular blog on DC and I help with running his Official Site. 
I haven't found any info on your site about your collaboration with DC, and co-writing a theme song for the 'Man Undercover' tv series in 1978 . Or about writing with him 'I Never Saw You Coming' for his album 'Gettin' It In The Street' from 1976.
I'm especially interested in the 'Hard Times, Hard Crimes' title song for Man Undercover, because I know there is a longer version of it ( lyrics). I know it was so many years ago, and I don't think you will answer my email, but I ask. Maybe you remember - Has that longer version been recorded? Any demo was made?
We want to include any info on David Cassidy on our website, so many people don't remember he was much more than a teen idol, and for us, his fans, any info is important.

So I sent it and truly speaking forgot about it..

And yesterday was an especially awful day. Cold, rain, and at 4 pm already dark, I couldn't go for a walk and I was really under the weather. And when I got that email from Jay G. my first reaction was - 'what it could be . I don't give my e-mail adressess to strangers..'

 Hello Weronika, YES I have answered your email.

Here is the 3 minute version of HardTimes that I wrote with David. The only thing I insist on is that you always give songwriter credit (DC and JG) wherever you post it.

Best of luck with your blog and DC website.
All best,
JG

I read it at least 3 times ..and  still  couldn't believe it..And the demo..I put my headphones..It was..like listening to a new song, such an amazing quality. This theme song should have become a hit! I felt like I got this song from David himself..Of course I wanted to share it with Jane immediately..but she was sleeping, it was 3am in Australia..So I called my English friends, we had a long group conversation, and we decided that of course it should be published on the website..Don't be so impatient Weronika. Easy to say..

Maybe a small break..David/Keith singing 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjPtAAN73M&t=96s

It's so wonderful to have this demo in the week when we think about David Cassidy even more because of the 4th anniversary. And also a great lesson and inspiration for all of us, not to give up but should try doing something, write emails and ask for info, or write to local radio stations and ask for DC's music to be played..TPF's Christmas songs..we can edit wiki pages..there are really a lot of things we can do..

So listen and enjoy, the song wrote by David Cassidy and Jay Gruska.

 Thank you so much again Jay G. We are so grateful..

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/DiscographyPages/HardTimes_J%20Gruska-D%20Cassidy.mp3


Comments

  1. Weronika, thank you so much for your efforts to perpetuate to memory of David Casssidy for us! I was thrilled to here the full version of Hard Times, Hard Crimes;it is so soulful! For the life of me, I will never understand why so much of American radio turned its back on David. His heart and soul went into every endeavor he made, music or acting. He left it all on the stage! Again, thank you for preserving his memory, legacy and his philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. You can't imagine how I was thrilled yesterday when I was listening to it for the first time..like David was singing this song just for me..Magic..And I felt so sorry for him, that just a part of that fabulous song was chosen as a theme for Man Undercover.As you said his heart and his soul was in it...

      Delete
  2. Magic exists my dear Weronika, thank you for this! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Encarni, yes it's magic..I'm still so moved and..happy my friend

      Delete
  3. This is beyond fabulous! What a gift! Thank you Weronika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And of course special thank you to Jay Gruska. I've written with him today that fans are so grateful and he's told me how glad he is that we like it. Great guy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'