I Was Running The Opposite Way / Irwin Levine, L. Russel Brown

There are quite a lot of those unreleased TPF's songs, some of them were used on the show, some were rejected more than once. 'I was Running The Opposite Way', wrote by Irwin Levine and L. Russel Brown. The lyrics was published on the Tiger Beat Specatacular, April's issue in 1972, along with 'I Am a Clown', 'Could It Be Forever' from Cherish (1972) and 'It's All In Your Mind from TPF's Shopping Bag (1972)

http://www.davidcassidy.com/fansite/InPrintPages/Mag1972April_TIgerBeatSpectacular_17.pdf

So the song was listed rather for 'Cherish' and later for TPF's 'Bulletin Board'. And again (probably) for the '10th' album, which wasn't released because of poor sales of 'Bulletin Board' and Bell's financial difficulties.. We know nothing for sure, just speculations, TPF was half a century ago,  and so many of those who played on TPF's tracks have passed away. 

Probably those songs had been planned to be on that lost album : 'I'm Into Something Good', "I Was Running The Opposite Way', 'Crying In The Rain', 'I Wanna Be With You', 'When Love Is Talked About', 'Workin' On A Groovy Thing', and I also heard about a song called 'A Secret In My Heart' (Rick Seagall's) and 4 other unreleased ones. 

'I Was Running The Opposite Way'..this song has a cult status among some TPF's fans..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc0x6emaQn0

Yes. Someone's written a comment on FB about my last blog - 'David makes the national anthem sound sexy' I've laughed, but there is something in it. And another comment about 'I Was Running The Opposite Way'- 'It's almost like he didn't have to make any effort to sound so sweet, sultry and smooth.  Open mouth, read words then sing them, instant gold.'

And we can say absolutely  the same about another unreleased gem, this one was at least used on the show. Wrote by Wes Farrell, John Bahler and  Tony Asher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=220JIywCzvk

Amazing, And those lyrics..'it's better left unsaid..' .Songs for little girls..Funny.

One more which appeared only on the show, Neil Sedaka's cover..very sensual..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRN792lClEg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'