Remembering David Cassidy On The 4th Anniversary

I haven't thought  it would be so emotional. After all, 4 years it's a lot of time, and he wasn't a member of my family or a friend. A singer and an actor. David Cassidy.

Sure, I write about DC nearly every day, but not only about him, also about music from many decades, other singers, pop culture, his legacy, charities..you know. A whole week  was very emotional. Jay Gruska and that other, longer version of 'Man Undercover' theme song. And Encarni's letter to David. And friends from FB Group who were to meet in London, and I couldn't go there this time. St Giles and The Phoenix Garden..I've thought that it's great that so many wanted to remember David. And yesterday evening I started listening to David Herron's 'The David Cassidy Radio Show'. I put my headphones on..that was incredible, like I was moved in time to  the 70s. Screaming girls. Audio fragments from the BBC doc 'DC Teenage Dream' and 'Weekend at Wembley', 'Please, Please Me' from David Cassidy Live..and later one hit after another, and fans messages.. David Cassidy's voice.. Magic..

Thanks to David Herron we can have this wonderful, unforgettable program for ourselves. That's a great gift. And he also promised another David Cassidy Radio Show before Christmas. Here is the link to the yesterday's show.

https://archive.org/details/the-david-cassidy-radio-show-21st-november-2021

So I was listening and suddenly..it was with the first bars of 'It's One Of Those Nights'..I cried..Real tears. Big and bitter...David's fault, his fabulous, magical, so familiar, dear, young voice. I started searching for someone who was also listening to, and at last Louise Poynton's rescued me. She invited me to The David Cassidy Radio Show Group, where a lot of wonderful  fans were listening together and writing comments. It was such an amazing, uplifting experience. Thank you Louise.

But it's not the end. Chip Deffaa's post, remembering David, published yesterday, but I've just read it a few hours ago. All photos are taken by Mr Deffaa and he's kindly  shared these amazing pics with us. Another priceless gift. Chip Deffaa co-wrote with David his first, much better than the second one, autobiography, 'C'Mon Get Happy. Fear and Loathing on the Partridge Family Bus', published  in 1994. One of the best autobiographies I've ever read. So brave, uncompromising and frank. The price of fame.

And Chip Deffaa, not for the first time, wrote about David some things not everybody wants to read about..That DC  felt his life was joyless and  empty..That he couldn't forget what Jack'd said about his career, him being a manufactured star. Yes, it also struck me while listening to Elliot Mintz' tapes . His flat, indifferent tone when he talked about his success like it wasn't important. And quite different tone when he talked about his father.

One fragment : 'At moment like this, the sadness and tiredness in his eyes was visible if you took time to really look at him.'

'Lonely, yes I'am..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYpNhu9GmUM

All photograps credit - Chip Deffaa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kay Lenz, an Actress

They Said I Changed A Lot..

'I Just Hated Being In The Show..'